Darren Frehill Mistake Watch

2 Likes

Darren was in the studio for the sports news with Shay for “Rising Time” this morning. Shay was a bit taken aback because he hasn’t seen Darren for more than two years. Apparently Darren has been summoned back from deepest Galway to spend more time working in the studio. I am sure that all the errors will be eliminated now.

On a similar note, I tuned into Off the Ball in the car the other night. I wouldn’t have it on too regularly but anytime I hear that Richie McCormack lad, the sound quality is very poor as he’s broadcasting from home. They all expressed surprise that Joe Molloy, the main presenter, had come into studio that night. Joe’s response was that he was bored at home :man_shrugging:

Darren was MC for a Science of Hurling event in the Town Hall Theater last night. He did an excellent job, with no mistakes to report.

1 Like

He was probably booked for a different event shur !

3 Likes

Who were the experts at that event?

Cyril, Pete Finnerty and Sylvie Linnane.

2 Likes

Des Ryan, Niamh Mallon, Tony Óg Regan, and Prof. Eamon O’Shea. It was an excellent line-up of very competent and well-informed speakers. I was very impressed with Des Ryan, who gave an account of his time as Head of Sport Medicine and Athletic Development at the Arsenal Academy.

1 Like

The Dazzler is recapping the World Cup final on the 8.35 sports bulletin this morning. “This is how it played out on Saturday Sport yesterday”.

5 Likes

Justin Treacy, another man sports reporter who is unable to speak, had a very strange segment over the World Cup final last night on the news.

He coughed in the middle of a sentence, then repeated the sentence and then it sort of trailed off.

The type of top quality enunciation you’d expect from a RTE sports new report.

5 Likes

Justin Treacy ??

:relaxed::relaxed:

Wasn’t there a Peter Leonard who used to read the sport?

A good lad

The Laois Klaxon has sounded

6 Likes

He seems to have acquired a strong D4 twang for a man originally from Laois. One for the punching above his weight thread to be married to the lovely Vivienne Traynor.

Fuck The Heath

NO WAY! :astonished:

The Treacys are good people

I don’t doubt it, but it’s a Ross and Rachel buying the couch moment here :grinning:

Classic Darren there just after 7.30am on the sports news.

Starts off his report with the latest on the Australian Open tennis. Andy Murray’s match has gone to a fifth set, after he had led 2-0. ‘If we have a result by the end of this bulletin we’ll bring it to you.’

At the end of his report, ‘and back in Melbourne Andy Murray trails 5-4 in the final game of the 5th set, he’s serving to stay in the match. But he looks to be in serious bother in this final game.’

Murray duly wins the 5th set and the match.

10 Likes