David Bowie RIP

Blackstar is worth a listen. Probably his most interesting since Scary Monsters in 1980. Some lovely sax work by Donny McCaslin. For his older stuff Low is a good starting point followed by the aforementioned Scary Monsters.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed Tom Dunne’s David Bowie tribute programme tonight.

I like Tom and I like his show.

1 Like

Tom is an alright sort. A very nice chap.

3 Likes

Just listened to Lazarus… Great line at the start that @farmerinthecity will love… ‘everybody knows me now’

1 Like

Fagan, we share the same favourite Bowie tune.

That’s a bit mad.

But our opinions of Nile Rodgers appear to differ greatly.

Great musician but I can’t take to the cunt at all.

Not really I’d say we are both gentlemen of impeccable tastes.

True, but the cat had a LOT of great tunes. I see you mentioned John, I’m Only Dancing too. Another favourite of mine.

2 Likes

Was enjoying listening to this one again. Hadn’t heard it in about 10 years.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8S227FFNwl8

3 Likes

Tom Dunne continuing his tribute tonight.

How an Irish chap stuck up a friendship with Bowie online and regularly exchanged emails with him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tiffany-pollard-becomes-hysterical-after-7167319

Tiffany Pollard becomes hysterical after assuming David Gest had DIED in the Celebrity Big Brother house

The US star misheard Angie Bowie when she shared the sad news that her ex-husband David Bowie had died after a secret 18-month battle with cancer

:joy: watch the video

No wonder ISIS want us all dead.

2 Likes

I see the Independent yesterday had a special pull out section on Bowie’s death.

‘And look, a special pull out section on whistles’

So did the Irish Times.

ashes to ashes - dudt to dust the homo Bowie is no longer with us.

this is brill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMQb9LCNGxs

This Meath GAA Club delegate :clap:

Legendary rock singer David Bowie, who died at the weekend, was included in the votes of sympathy read out by vice-chairman Peter O’Halloran at the end of Monday night’s meeting of the Meath County Board.

The announcement of “the Bowie family in London on the death of David” was met with laughter in the room – but anger from the top table.

“That’s not appropriate,” remarked O’Halloran who was reading from a list submitted by club delegates. The list is intended to be used to remember those who have passed away that have an association with Meath GAA.

Speaking to hoganstand.com, the Drumconrath official explained: “I was caught off guard and unwittingly read it out.

“It drew a short bout of laughing from the delegates before everyone realised it was a prank and the seriousness and reverance that is normally given to this part of a county committee meeting.

“This is an item reserved for deceased Meath gaels who have given different levels of service to the GAA in Meath and is always given the respect it deserves.

“I am sure Mr Bowie is entitled to a vote of sympathy but by the correct body and the correct manner.

“I will do my best to ensure that something like this doesn’t happen again and I am disappointed that a delegate took this action.

“I have to admit that in the cold light of day I can’t understand why someone would do this. It shows a deep lack of respect to Meath gaels and, indeed, to Mr Bowie also.”

12 Likes

Fuck me, that’s superb.