David Clifford

It was great footwork to be able to maintain a semi defensive position all the way. A lot of players would have been left for dust with the first jink.

7 Likes

The Kerry footix are easier to wind up than the Manchester United ones. :grin:

1 Like

you’ve made a show of yourself

Imagine winning all those AIs and still so insecure.

Wouldn’t blame the defender there, it was like something you’d see in soccer as a team desperately chases a last minute equaliser or winner. Everyone pushed up and ripe for the counter attack.

He got the ball on half way and there was only one defender between him and the goal. Super finish all the same.

1 Like

I’d say he was hoping Clifford would stay on the right at the end, that burst of acceleration at the end there is cruel.

We’re very secure about Dublin’s place as the greatest team in Irish sporting history, mate.

There’s a lot of envy and projection in your post

Id rather have the greatest hurling side myself but enjoy Jim McGuinness and the bog ball next year.

Yes but unfortunately for you you’re not from Kilkenny.

yOuR NoT FrOm kERRy :rollseyes:

Get out of the pub, mate, you’ve had enough.

Very harsh. To be an Intermediate club centre-back in Kerry you’d need to have a bit about you. Even the fact that game was gone to extra-time suggests that they’re far from pub players.

He really didn’t. Clifford won that duel comfortably enough but was just inaccurate on the day. You could argue that was due to Fitzsimons pressurising him but I don’t believe it was.

3 Likes

James Talbot?

Lads need realise the difference between space/time/decision making in a junior or intermediate club game and in a senior inter county all Ireland final.

1 Like

In sporting terms the difference between the best of inter-county and an intermediate club centre back is like the difference between the top of the Premier League and the Beazer Homes League or whatever it’s called these days.

So he’s a bottler?

Lads who are proclaiming Clifford’s greatness on the back of a goal in an intermediate club game need to learn it alright.

1 Like

Where did I compare space/time/decision making between Intermediate club and senior inter-county?

I’ve got to say I’ve seen players sauntering around at times in inter-county games this season. Usually when back in their own half. The intensity really ramps up when they visit the “scoring zone” and are met with 12 players.

1 Like

Clifford is a cowardly molly coddled cynical show pony, and his slightly more intelligent brother is as thick as champ. Shane mcguigan out scored him in the championship, in fewer games - against superior opposition.

1 Like

I’m defending the Intermediate club footballer who was scoffed at here by the Dubs. Clifford was restricted to 1-4 from play over 80 minutes which is good going.