David Clifford

Youā€™ve gone and done it now

Youā€™re getting him mixed up with joe mcquillan

McQuillan and the biased Southern media combined for 0-6 iirc

Iā€™m no expert but it looked to me like joe held davids hand for the full ninety minutes

Uh oh.

This is an utterly terrible state of affairs. Can we all say a decade or two for david?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/irish-gaa-legend-reveals-rangers-32359977

Iā€™d say he said it with his eyes bulging wide open and an aw shucks face and a self deprecating, ā€˜I suppose the Rangers fans are gasā€™ tone of voice to be fair. (He probably said ā€˜to be fairā€™ too)
David is sound though

The gaa should have sent a referee to protect him. Itā€™s not on.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/adammoynihan/status/1769714042791227405?s=46

Its crazy the adulation he gets really if you think about it. Like heā€™s an absolutely brilliant player obviously but heā€™s not that much better than con o Callaghan for eg. Not like heā€™s really good looking or even ā€˜exoticā€™ like Jason Sherlock or courts the publicity on tik tok or something. Itā€™s a very strange phenomenon.

1 Like

When David grows up he wants to be Shane McGuigan

1 Like

Itā€™s because kids know what sport is really about, fellas doing the extraordinary rather than just doing the ordinary to a very high standard. Itā€™s why Joe Canning got similar adulation despite playing at the same time as Shefflin. Iā€™d say Shane Walsh is the 2nd most popular footballer after Clifford for similar reasons.

1 Like

Heā€™s the greatest Gaelic footballer of all time. 99 percent of Irish people wouldnā€™t even know con o Callaghan if he walked past them. If you asked a lot of Irish people theyā€™d probably think your talking about a today fm Dj.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the correlation with people knowing you if you walked past and how good you are a t the game ? You must think Beckham is the greatest footballer ever ? Besides Kerry best footballers will always be more known than Dublin best ones.

I agree. Kerry must keep giving him the ball and build their whole game around him and let him shoot as he likes as heā€™s so good.

Like no kid grew up wanting to be Gary Neville, No kid grows up wanting to be Niall Scully

2 Likes

The Dubs are fierce touchy Clifford is box office and that the only adulation their star players get is from @Bandage

5 Likes

Con is a very very good footballer. Heā€™s really good.

The parenting duties havenā€™t effected his performance levels at all. Heā€™s extraordinary.

That statement could apply to David Cliffordā€™s footballing skills or @Bandage tracking of Brian Fenton.

7 Likes

Fento drove past me & the lads on our walk home from crĆØche/afterschool on Friday around 5pm but it was so fleeting I didnā€™t even record it on the relevant thread.

PS, David Clifford seems like a very sound chap too.

1 Like