David Clifford

They do draw crowds, definitely, but I don’t think any of them individually has the same star power as Clifford.

Cian Lynch possibly if the Well were drawn against a small rural club in a Munster Championship game. Doesn’t ever really pan out that way at provincial senior club level i suppose

You were dismantled fairly easily in that debate after foolishly picking a Saturday afternoon replay as your smoking gun evidence. Amateur hour. 20k there and 75% Limerick. What a clamping.

If I we go playing challenges outside the county, Kyle tends to draw a fairly big crowd, but not to the same extent as Clifford would.

1 Like

I think thats a given.

1 Like

Ooooft !!!

Hard to argue with that logic.

I wouldn’t recognise him if he walked past me in the street

Some of the Limerick spud hockey players would be much more recognisable

2 Likes

I remember a newspaper having a full 2 page comparison on Michael Donnellan and Michael Owen in 1998 after both had big breakthrough years. Donnellan used to draw major crowds to club games back then as anything could happen. Donnellan even had the glamour of Stira behind him then, has Clifford done any advertising at all yet?
The level of excitement around Clifford is a sign of how desperate the game has been for a star after a dreary 15 years for football.

3 Likes

Dr Jack McCaffrey is a better player than Clifford and has the medals to back it up.

I can remember when Setanta arrived back from Auz and played a run of the mill championship match for NaP v Sars down in Pairc Ui Rinn it was dangerously full ~ 15000 odd at it. And 99% of the attendees had fcuk all interest in hurling.

Clifford will be first and last gaa super star. The fact the minor and 21s aren’t really promoted like before and not before the senior all irelands either means the general public are less familiar with the players.

There’s devout Limerick Hurling™️ fans on here that still haven’t been near a club game after how many AI’s

cc @Thomas_Brady

2 Likes

This belief that everything is getting worse now can’t be healthy. Especially not for a young fella like yourself. That’s for auld lads of 80

The GAA has literally never been stronger.

2 Likes

It’s never been weaker.

By what metric

Wankers. Those cunts shouldn’t be allowed attend IC games.

The bantz i enjoy at Douglas games is almost up there with Limerick days out - this is what they’ll never understand.

2 Likes

Genie Branagan would have a similar appeal up north.

1 Like

Among the shape?