David Clifford

Only 8 behind now.

Astonishing thing about that roll of honour is cork are forth and they aren’t even a football county.

8 is a big enough gap given both the current format and the fact that football is more competitive than hurling. Stranger things have happened I suppose but I can’t see Dublin catching them in my lifetime. That said, I’d never have given Limerick a hope of doing four in a row in the hurling

1 Like

Dublin beat Limerick up a stick this year, as we usually do.

Limerick is not a hurling county, it’s rugby country.

PJ’s ill gotten money will go on other things like golf and more private jets and it’ll be back to strikes for youse lot before long.

Anyway the crux of this whole discussion is Paul Flynn was an absolute disgrace for what he tweeted and he admitted as much this week. He basically said he was ashamed of himself.

@Watchyourtoes put it best. Michael fitzsimons got mom for being lucky Clifford’s radar after a long year was out.

1 Like

An awful pity JP couldn’t buy “success” with his own club, they’re in a tailspin and will be back intermediate before too long.

Flynner was dead right.

Flynner doesn’t want the hassle of the demented Clifford cultists threatening to doxx him, which is very understandable.

The whole pile on against Flynner after that very funny and true tweet was as clear a demonstration of cancel culture as you can get.

Clifford’s cultists missed their true vocation - the priesthood in the 1950s.

Wexford are joint 6th and haven’t won one since 1918. For a sport that most of the country takes seriously that’s a startling statistic.

Limerick have some football strongholds like NCW. Plenty of football knowledge in that county. Tailteann Cup finalists, up in division 2 recently, put Kerry and Cork to the pin of their collars in plenty of Munster finals in the 00’s.

A Celtic supporting fenian too. I’m sure he’ll be back over to Celtic Park with the trophy again in the autumn.

1 Like

In fairness no other County bar Kerry lets everyone know when their DNA is another county’s squad . It’s bizarre but also a window into their mindset.

Dont give up

1 Like

And I forgot to add he’s a school teacher too. Literally the best of us.

:rofl: :rofl:

Yes, but they’re coming out of a two horse race in munster. Isn’t it obvious?

Imagine having him as your PE teacher in school. It would inspire you to take your sporting endeavours to new heights.

1 Like

While I enjoy the Kerry love In and the Clifford love in on here I have to add they have some seriously pig ignorant supporters.

I seen a few giving it big licks and I doubt they were at the final or even watch football. They are serious animals some of them.

Shur didn’t paudie O’Shea say it years ago

1 Like

Limerick have more football all Irelands than Derry boss.

5 Likes

Paidi said the same about them

Would they be a small numbers wise? Club is dictated by population dynamics unless you’re doing extraordinary work to overcome it. South Liberties isn’t it? Barry Nash’s club.

Was it PĂĄidĂ­ who called the Kerry lads animals?