David Loughnane RIP

Not in the city i’m afraid mate, i’m going to have a few drinks in front of the fire.

1 Like

That might be a bit raw for family members and friends at the game unless the message was very subtle and only clear to members here

RIP Joe - he’ll always be Joe to me. Nice gesture Rocko.

The smile on his face in that photo is how I’ll imagine he looked just after winding up half the Limerick crew and getting them hopping

1 Like

That smile was nearly a permanent fixture on his face back when I knew him, it’s exactly how I always picture him when I’m reading his stuff here.

That’s how everyone knew him. For a lad that had such a tough life he was always laughing… makes the sudden turn all the more hard to grasp. Just shows how it can happy to anyone.

5 Likes

A touching tribute, fair play @Rocko.

People say I’m the life of the party
’Cause I tell a joke or two
Although I might be laughing loud and hearty
Deep inside I’m blue

So take a good look at my face
You know my smile looks out of place
If you look closer it’s easy to trace
The tracks of my tears

5 Likes

I won’t share it here (i sent it to @anon61878697 via Whatsapp alright) but a relation of his popped up a family picture of a teenage @Joe_Player on Facebook. He might look very different (standing upright for one) but the big smile was there, absolutely spot on @backinatracksuit

Always left his office laughing.

4 Likes

He couldn’t change this fast enough.

1 Like

Sleep well Joe.

He’ll be calling me some Tipp Cunt for this but,

47 Likes

Sorry about yesterday guys.

I wrongly presumed it was a wind up and still felt up to that point Joe was just a multi account on here. As such I never bothered to engage much with him which is now an opportunity lost as he seems to have been a lovely guy with a remarkable spirit.

RIP Joe.

60 Likes

Some man to get around. Photos on his FB with Dalo, Mickey Harte, and either Ger Cunningham

Fair play. I might stick up the photo of him and Mickey Harte for you so.

1 Like

Good man.

Gaynor has a good bit of respect in Clare. He was over them for a time wasn’t he?

1 Like

They’d have won fuckall only for him.

2 Likes

Before Loughnane

cc @Cicero_Dandi

Two Gaels

40 Likes

There’s a ferocious mischief in his face

1 Like