Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

Clare

1 Like

Just a coincidence I’m sure

Not that there is much love lost but his clubmate Niall Gilligan seemed to have little or no sympathy for him and Pat and the abuse they keep going on about when interviewed in one of the papers over the weekend

There are many of the same opinion from his home club I believe

There’s one thing that puzzles me about this though. If Davy and the father are up to their necks in it, why are the insistent in pursuing the online abuse thing? Surely they’d be better off letting the whole thing quietly slip away

1 Like

There are two reasons -

1 it is a smokescreen to deflect away from the mounting other issues they are responsible for and allows them to play the victim card and gain sympathy from the house wives and casual fan and sets the narrative that they get an awful blackguarding.

2 They don’t overly care about what is posted online, no more than any other gaa figure. The real anger is at the fact that the Clare Times fella is being fed very accurate information from inside the inner circle and I’d say it is driving the two of them utter ballistic as they can’t seem to stop the leaks either. They want him silenced as he is fairly cracked and isn’t going to stop posting about their carry in until they are ran out of Clare GAA. Problem is now that he is being fed information from a heap of sources now and putting it all online

12 Likes

They know fine well Romer is one of his sources and can’t do a thing about it

1 Like

I really hope Sixmilebridge win the championship again this year.

That’ll drive people absolutely demented.

1 Like

What’s Davy’s problem? Every single gig turns into a drawn out, lets dig trenches, I’ll show them, battle?

Is it ultimately a form of short man syndrome where he just feels he doesn’t get the respect he craves/deserves?

1 Like

Very disappointed there wasn’t a boom mic near Romer this year during the Clare v Waterford game unlike last year’s clash.

@Sean_stack and @twiceasnice97 are thick as thieves nowadays

1 Like

Small man syndrome but also a fairly big sense of entitlement. Daddy’s pet from a young age and never wanted for anything so is too used to getting his way. The fellas has never held down a proper job in his life until LIT threw him a token 9-5 role a few years back.

He is a walking contradiction. I have heard so many positive stories about the man and if he has time for you he is extremely generous with his time. Yet the same fella would spend an hour roaring and balling and lowering the blade on lads but then would hold a lifetime grudge against the same lad called him out for it or told him to fuck off.

6 Likes

What did he work at during his playing days then? Ran a pub? County players getting a scholarship to college wasn’t as common back then I’d say? Remember Derek McGrath had the stats on the numbers attending 3rd level after the 2019 All-Ireland semi-finals.

When he was 17 he used drive Mammys car to the bus stop for Flannans and dump it there. He only lived a few hundred yards away.

What does that other snake oil salesman Daly work at?

I think Davy has never got over the bullying and abuse he suffered as a young lad. Freud knew the craic.

Dalo has a pub out west- murty browns. You’d pass it on way to Kilrush

1 Like

I was in that about 10 years ago we stopped in on the way to killkee and he was within in it. Not the chattiest. Didn’t realise.he still had it.

Hardly makes huge money there, did he marry into that if I heard right

He had a story in his first auto biography about how he used to know that Leo Doyle would be passing through Sixmilebridge on his way to work every morning at a certain time and that he would make it his business to be down there pucking a ball off a wall as he passed every morning to psych him out. He said in the book that he would then hop on his bike and cycle home.

Locals closer to the story would tell you that the pucking the ball off the wall part is true but that mammy or daddy would be sitting in the car waiting for Doyle to pass.

He got into the pub trade after the 95/97 success, to be honest I don’t think he done too well out of it. He owns the Belford Inn out towards Newmarket but the mother runs it for him and it wouldn’t be a busy spot. Pretty much every place he took over and leased went to pot and he was out after a year.

Daly was in the bank but gave it up to open a sports shop in Ennis iirc

I remember that too, that never went well afaik