Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

You could not be further from the truth.

He had Sullys just down from Knoxs for a while too with Noel Hunt. It’s Culligans now, the lad who took it over made a million allegedly from the Fleadh over the two years

Shur he’s the trademark for the show and some US TV stations want to copy it.

He can name his price.

That mustn’t have lasted long either

A disaster, heard they had big falling out too. The lad who took it over put an upstairs outside area looking out over all the fleadh events and he cleaned up. I’d say it’s kills yer man

I think they knew each other from Davy’s time as Waterford manager, he had Hunt in as some sort of performance coach bullshit, another hanger on, then they were off buying a pub together, I had wondered what had become of it

You better hope Joe Canning isn’t similarly minded.

A court wouldn’t convict a simpleton. He’d probably be referred to a psychiatric unit for help.

1 Like

G
G
G
G
Gaaaaaaaalway

1 Like

Fogarty always in the know when it comes to Davy. One of the chief pushers of the online abuse agenda too- funny that

Davy Fitzgerald is stepping down as Wexford senior hurling manager, the Irish Examiner can report.

The Sixmilebridge man leaves after five seasons having brought the Model County to their first Leinster SHC title in 15 years in 2019.

It is understood Wexford were keen for Fitzgerald to stay on but the commuting from Clare had become taxing on the 49-year-old.

Wexford GAA wish to announce that Davy Fitzgerald has informed the executive that he will step down from the role of Senior Hurling Manager after five years in charge.

Wexford GAA chairman Mícheál Martin stated, “We wish to sincerely thank Davy and his backroom team for the manner in which they have carried out their duties over their stewardship. Davy’s arrival in 2017 resulted in immediate promotion to Division One of the National Hurling League and a first Leinster Final appearance since 2008. In the last five years we have been consistently competitive, with the 2019 Leinster final victory the standout moment.

Davy’s contribution to the activities of Wexford GAA went above and beyond those expected from a Senior Team Manager. Davy is and will always be held in the highest of esteem by all in Wexford GAA.”

Davy Fitzgerald commented, “I have informed the County Board that I will not be in a position to continue in my role as Bainisteoir of the Wexford Senior Hurling team.

The main reason for this is down to the six hour round trip from my home in Sixmilebridge, which I have done for the last five years.

I have never felt closer or happier with any team in all my years coaching and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of my five years in Wexford.

It has been an absolute privilege and an honour to have worked with every one of the players during my time in Wexford. There were ups and downs, highs and lows, as is the nature of Sport, all of which was experienced with a sense of collective pride and enjoyment.

To the Players, County Board, Clubs and People of Wexford, I wish to thank each and every one of you for playing no small part in every enjoyable second of the journey. From the first meeting in Gorey in October 2016 to last Saturday week in Thurles you have all made me feel so welcome, supported and proud to be involved with Wexford. On behalf of myself and my backroom team I wish to thank everyone associated with Wexford GAA for everything over the last five years and I wish you all the very best for the future. Le Croí agus Lámh, Davy.”

2 Likes

:smirk:

7 Likes

Excellently handled by both sides. Magnanimous and respectful by Davy to protect his brand when it’s under attack from bullies in Clare. Typically well managed by the executive to allow Davy to “own the departure” and characterise it as being on his terms. It’s no skin off our noses either way. Thank you for your efforts, Davy. And thank you for the Leinster title in 2019.

My preference for next Wexford hurling manager would be Joe Canning.

18 Likes

A Joe Canning/Larry Murphy ticket.

6 Likes

It’s all set up for Dictionary Derek

9 Likes

Ah! Revenue nosing around?

2 Likes

John Kiely (and Paul Kinnerk) might be tempted by the role. A chance to become only the second man in hurling history to win the complete set of Leinster, Munster, League and All Ireland titles as manager. The first being the great Davy Fitzgerald.

3 Likes

Davy is on his way to Galway so he is.