Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

Ooft!

Took him a long time to realise the journey was so far.

3 Likes

Never beaten a Munster team in championship during his tenure as Wexford manager I think.

Ouch

the right time to leave all things considered. progressed well to 2019 and then last year was a complete and utter shit show. Wanted another crack at it and there absolutely was a chance to beat Kilkenny this year which most likely would have got another Leinster title. Small margins between winners and losers at times, and as in the minor the other night, Kilkenny for the most part get the better of us when the game is up for grabs.

But the squad is clearly gone stale. Shelf life probably was 3 years, the last 2 years have been trundled on with fuck all changes to the squad, which is a major downfall of his style of management. Things certainly improved and we won a Leinster. Financially the coffers are in a much better place too with both public interest and also the appointment of the commercial position making huge differences.

Best of luck Davy. He did no harm to Wexford and there was no blow up like there has been in his previous managerial roles.

6 Likes

Davy will have Joe back in Galway colours in a week

Nice subtle change to the avatar.

9 Likes

Ah I like Mattie. I’d say he will get another year here if he wants it, and he probably deserves it. But the sooner we start getting Dublin people to do the job the better. There is a time and place for outside managers but we are gone past that stage

2 Likes

have to wait for the new appointment to change it properly!

1 Like

Marty was sprouting on about Martin Storey this morning. Couldn’t see it though. Could you?

Please God no. Hasn’t done much in management despite a few chances.

2 Likes

Christ I hope not. An utter disaster. He was a disgrace of a manager over the minors a few years back. What he did with some of those players at the time was beyond a disgrace. He was over Wicklow seniors too I think. Not sure if he has had much else experience. I never thought his name would ever even be mentioned in connection to the job

2 Likes

Didn’t he train Oulart for a bit?

He was there for the Mount Leinster Rangers debacle.

It’s a sad day, so it is.

Ah yes. What was that again. Didnt he refuse to play a challenge game or something on the basis that it wouldn’t give them enough of a work out

Give the job to Larry O’Gorman I beg you.

1 Like

Was Davy not entertainment enough for the rest of ye?

2 Likes

Think he avenged the defeat to Kilcormac Kiloughey before freezing in the Leinster final against MLR.

Oulart scalped Ballyhale in 2012 only to lose the final to Coolderry or Kilcormac Killoughey as well.

They’ll all be brothers. He can get the lad who sold him that watch on the Santa Ponsa beach to be selector.

yeah he did alright. But Oulart at that time had pretty much no competition in Wexford anyway.