Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

His star has waned a bit since stepping up from minor. He probably deserves a shot for services rendered

1 Like

He has more than proved himself at underage. Knows the players and club scene inside out. He has earned a go at it.

1 Like

According to the thesaurus in his most recent outpouring, he solved hurling. Everyone else is just copying, and pj should be paying him the royalties

Would not judge him too harsh on u20. Its a nightmare with rules around senior players.

I donā€™t even like the concept of ā€œearned a go at itā€. Iā€™d say thereā€™s other counties would be pleased with lynskey at the helm. Iā€™m neutral about it, but this ā€œearning a goā€ concept is frankly bizarre.

Why, in all walks of life you need to earn it. How else do you propose picking a manager?

1 Like

Did Cody ā€œearn itā€?

Cody owned it.

I knew youā€™d come back with that.

Kilkenny took a punt on Cody. A well respected ex player with limited managerial experience and the punt obviously paid off spectacularly. But I could probably reel you off 50 similar managerial appointments that didnā€™t work out at all. Starting with your current football manager!

1 Like

You could similarly name a load of lads who had ā€œearned itā€ and flopped.

This is true. Fucked if I know the best method.

Exactly, there are outliers in all walks of life.

1 Like

You really talk some shite. You are obsessed, Ć  la Henry Martin, with money and media exposure. But even soā€¦

Championship hurling is 70m, not 35m.

Davy Fitzgerald is a blight on the game of hurling. And himself and the father are crooks, into the bargain.

1 Like

Just because he schooled the great Brian Cody numerous times during his reign in Wexford doesnā€™t mean heā€™s a blight on the game.

Davy Fitzgerald was offered the Galway manager job in late 2019. He turned it down. Shane Oā€™Neill was then offered the gig.

A friend of mine occasionally golfs with one of the journalists in Camp Davy. The same journalist told him at the time: ā€˜Davy reckons he can afford now, after winning Leinster, to have a moderate year with Wexford. But if he went to Galway heā€™d at least have to get them to an All Ireland Final. And heā€™s not sure Galway are a team on the up any longer.ā€™

Look, you are a clown. Stick to making shoes squeak.

ā€œschooledā€ā€¦ You must have been drip fed tabloid shite.

Fairly astute from Davyā€¦ Iā€™m not sure Galway would buy into the way Davy likes to over complicate the game.

1 Like

Heā€™s the only manager ever in the history of the game to win Munster, Leinster, All Ireland and League titles as a manager.

Throw in his Fitzgibbon record and his run with his home club in the Clare Championship and his record stands up to scrutiny.

But yeah heā€™s a blight on the game and then resorting to name calling doesnā€™t reflect well on you.

You wrote a fine article on Joe Canning though.

How many managers have managed counties in both Munster and Leinster? Babs, Cregan and himself?