Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

Who would an astute judge of hurling such as yourself expect to see as next Wexford manager?

Daly

1 Like

I could not give a flying one about what you think.

Davy Fitzgerald and Pat Fitzgeraldā€¦ That train is coming down the track. Ask the corpse of Al Capone.

Ravy remains a blight on the game. The dazzled simple-minded sort love him. Of course.

2 Likes

Good shout, not many have gone and crossed the provinces.

John Meyler as well

Galway have no need for Davy. Look at there forwards, all big men who can win their own ball. Get it in good an early and let the forwards do the damageā€¦ I dont understand why that Galway team havenā€™t won more.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know has there every been a more self-centred individual ever involved in the GAA at a national level.

4 Likes

Did Padjo Whelahan ever manage Offaly or did just go straight from Birr to Limerick?

Abuse!!!

1 Like

Genuine question. If you were Galway, who would you like to see at the helm?

Christy Cooneys 800k salary as President was the nadir of Celtic tiger madness

Davy to Galway would be pairing together two extremely combustible elements. Which would likely lead to an enormous explosion at some point.

I think Wexford needed that messiah like figure at the time to whip them into shape. In Galway it would be ā€œwhoā€™s this little Clare bollocks to be telling us what to do?ā€ No offence to our lovely neighbours but that would be the mindset. Unless he started winning early and kept winning.

6 Likes

If heā€™s not throwing his players under the bus then it is the referees at fault. The lack of accepting responsibility for his own failings when Wexford threw away games, and Clare in the years 2014-2016, is astonishing.

3 Likes

Davy sounds like a driven Neil Lennon with work ethic.

As I said previously in Davyā€™s mind if you hold an opinion if him, his antics or style if hurling which isnā€™t in favour of them then it is deemed abuse.

He is a man of great contradictions.

One of my favourites was his subbing of John Conlon at half time v Cork in 2015 and then making a heap of terrible subs and switches in the second half which contributed hugely to Clare losing the game. Rather than just own that decisions he made up a tall tale about the ref telling him to sub John Conlon at half time.

4 Likes

He can always return to the club scene to earn his keep. Didnā€™t Nenagh cough up something like 35k to him 10 or so years ago and he was gone after the 1st championship game?

It was 2008. Iā€™d say the figures were exaggerated, especially given it was the middle of a recession

How much of Clareā€™s success in 2013 was due to Davy vs Kinnerk? Record after Kinnerk left suggests that Kinnerk was the difference?

Davy could name his price for any club in Ireland but he has far too much integrity for that and is building a dynasty with Sixmilebridge instead.

Davy deserves his fair share of credit for 2013, no question about it he got an awful lot right in terms of game plans and match ups, but if he is to get that credit then he has to the lions share of the blame for what conspired afterwards which can all be traced back to his decision making and behaviour. The delegation stopped and the likes of Kinnerk and Oā€™Connor sidelined.

Davy assisted by Fergal Lynch did all the skills/hurling training for the 2015 league campaign. A look at the results and performances will tell you all you need know. Fraggie Murphy was begged to come on board and do the hurling coaching in the lead up to championship

1 Like

How much of said game plans and matchups was Davy vs Kinnerk. Does record post Kinnerk heavily suggest that Kinnerk was brains behind those gameplans and matchups?