Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

Doesn’t have the mobility for IC hurling.

I wasn’t referring to Davy’s playing style, just a general observation. We need to bring ground hurling back.

1 Like

I don’t think it can be underestimated just how much of a balls Galway made of their team this year.

Cooney x2 and Canning simply don’t have the pace to all play together anymore. You can only get away with one of them and that should have been Joe. Play Niland and Flynn instead.

Also Daithi Burke at 6 was one of the worst managerial calls of all time. They’d have been better off with David Burke there.

6 Likes

DaithĂ­ at FB and Joseph Cooney to CB would have been a better call. And then play Niland in the forwards, as you said.

How would ground fair out in the modern game?

I think you are right. Picking him is grasping at straws.

Galway in 2022 will take a fair bit of thought.

You wouldn’t be long clearing out a ruck with a good hard ground stroke

Hurls are nearly too short for ground hurling now.

There are definitely opportunities around the goal mouth where fellas try to get the ball into hand before scoring and get bottled up… A ground stroke would often be the better option.

3 Likes

Time for Galway to move on. Going back to Joe and Conor Cooney is a move in the wrong direction. Daithi at FB, Mannions at 6 and 11. Whelan in the FF line. Niland on the frees and work with youth after that.

Davy fitz won’t be able to step into a team and not impose his style, that’s before his sideline actions and media is covered. Jeff Lynksey or Hanley seems the way to go.

Jesus Christ, a brother from another mother over here. The amount of underage goals I’ve seen missed by young lads rising the ball a couple or three metres out has me near driven demented

2 Likes

In the u20 munster final oconner had a chance for limerick, the ball rolling across the square and two cork men and the goalie between him and the goal.

If he pulled he’d have put man and ball into the goals but he tried to rise it and got blocked.

Cork went up the other end and got a goal

2 Likes

Was MD actually shafted ?? I thought he walked due to the co board being unable to provide necsssary resources to prepare a team ?

It was noticeable at the juncture that no one from Galway looked for the job

Galway have a set up where minors are asked to pay for their own water bottles, and there were plenty of rumours that MOD struggled to get petrol money, and the county board wanted to take the players holiday fund.
They’ve played as they have despite the set up.
It’s even more of a testament to them tbh.
They’re still run like it’s 1970.

2 Likes

Davy Glennon was a brilliant minor too.

You will win nothing with a set up like that. I would have been against the first hurlers strike in cork, but in hindsight players were 100 percent correct. If you want professional commitment you need professional investment.

3 Likes

Davy doesn’t like this

Davy on with Marty on the radio now

No place for instinct any more

Davy is a wanker and a bully. He’s the media played like fiddles and apes on here lapping up his bullshit.

12 Likes

Waffle.

Forward might win games but midfielders & defenders build you a base. And don’t forget the GK.

You are a broken record ref GY forwards, simplistic nonsense

Man & Ball :rollseyes: