Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

He will bring his normal lieutenants and also bring in someone like Cyril Donnellan who he has coached at college level and are now involved in coaching.

He’s just finished up Filming the last few hours of Ireland’s FF this Evening in croker.its Been know in Galway for the past few days that the deal is done just not going to be announced for a couple of days

The Galway lads are blowing their loads a bit prematurely here.

1 Like

A few lads I met from Tommy Larkins had it at the start of the week anyway, with the Comer Group picking up the tab. Davy does like a bit of drama though.

1 Like

Galway favourites for next year if this goes through

On the mention of Lynch… will he be Clare Minor manager this year coming?

Better not be. He’s Pats man however so wouldn’t be surprised

Jaysus I couldn’t get over the vitriol and disdain for him from Clare supporters this year, he got some flak

More chinned against than chinning

4 Likes

Can Davy make Galway one of the top 3 in Leinster again?

He could , but Leix ???

Walshie’s Banner Army?

Snigger.

Meh.

Hurling people would know Galway train in Athenry

1 Like

And you can get the train from Sixmilebrige to Athenry — This was a big part of Davy’s decision as he was being made fully aware of his carbon footprint driving down and back up from Wexford multiple times a week.

2 Likes

With galway, you’d never know. Anything that an East galway psyche could construe as a misstep, and that’s very much a random selection, and he’ll be “only a clare bollox” quickly enough.
It might work in the short term, as Michael o Donoghue has bequeathed a functioning unit, but it’ll likely end in tears.
I hope it works out for him. I’d love to know if he thinks galway are still an unpolished diamond.

1 Like

Ffs, Davy didn’t ruin Clare, it was all the massive egos that ruined Clare, lads on that panel thought they were the best hurlers ever to grace the land. Davy had a system that won them the All Ireland but lads thought they didn’t need it as all they needed to do was show up. It didn’t help that there were parents of lads on the panel plotting Davy’s exit from early ‘14 and they publicly had a campaign online to get him out with one in particular been caught in a few forums calling for his dismissal. Funnily enough that one panel member was never good enough to cut it at senior level, didn’t like to follow protocol too much either. If Clare had Davy at the helm in ‘18, they’d have won the Munster final and beaten Galway in the semi-final. There’s a majority of the Clare panel who want him back in charge.

3 Likes

Is that you pat?

4 Likes

If I was Pat I’d have said Klare would have won the All Ireland in ‘18

You wouldn’t make the bridge to Gort in 40 mins let alone Athenry. I thought they switched from athenry about 10 years ago- stand corrected