Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

i think weā€™ll be ok, not playing in that wind tunnel in GY next year

Davy would have been mad not to stay with Wexford. 5pts up and a man up in an all Ireland semi final with twenty minutes to go. Lose the game, convince the Wexicans the loss of the man actually benefited tipp and still lauded as a hero. He might actually have gotten some criticism in other counties.

Allow his name to be linked with the Galway job, cite travel and health issues and get the Wexicans into a complete tizzy. Probably doubled his money and no matter what happens this season heā€™ll still be a hero in Wexford. The manā€™s a genius. An absolute no brainer to stay.

4 Likes

Lads canā€™t get into reverse gear fast enough. ā€œOh well, we didnā€™t need/want him anywayā€ after Davy making mugs of the lot of them

And they still have no manager and the lads in contention all know they wanted Davy more.

Unbelievable mind games from Davy.

1 Like

The galway lads, well me at least, were looking on in bemusement, knowing that the Co board are a shambles and have no money, and wondering how on earth davy Fitz could even be a possibility.
The wexford public now know that his loyalty has a price.
Iā€™m on the fence as to whether he is a good manager, leaning towards thinking he is

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™d say if I was from Galway and absolutely apoplectic.

7 Likes

davy is a great manager, i think GY is a just a bridge too far

Iā€™ll take that as a compliment! Honestly, when he was linked with the Galway job I didnā€™t know how I felt about it. He is box office for sure but I wouldnā€™t have been in favour of him implementing his wexford system in Galway.

Then again maybe heā€™d have come up with a completely different plan with another county. I guess weā€™ll never knowā€¦

1 Like

Davy is taking his talents to Curracloe beach

Wexford > Galway

1 Like

@anon32894817 is not going to like this.

Davy will have a helicopter to bring him to Wexford at least once a weekā€¦ apparently organised by someone from the horse racing scene in Wexford who is very friendly with someone in the midwest who has access to helicopters.

That isnā€™t true.

Well the bit about jps helicopter being used.

Makes sense alright. Only a generous man who wants the best for the game he loves would do such a thing.

Indeed. Youā€™d imagine that they often help each other out for business reasons anyhow.

The growing influence of the horsey set on the game of hurling is concerning.

where was JP mentioned?

A mate who works in the planning section of Wexford County Council told me yesterday that a planning application was lodged for the site in Ferns to add a helipad. It all makes sense now.

A little birdie tells me Davy had accepted the Galway offer and was ready to move on. Wexford came back with a heap more cash. This will end in tears for Wexford. They absolutely imploded against tipp. A man up and they reigned high ball after high ball down on top of Tipps half back line. Iā€™m not sure Wexford are so smug about Davy fitz resigning. Heā€™s a mentalist whoā€™ll ruin players for a finish. Clare peaked in year two under Davy and he destroyed them for a finish. Iā€™d say Wexford wonā€™t get out of Leinster this year.

1 Like

Davy expects us to have a lull in 2020 before winning it in 2021. Hence the two-year term.

1 Like