Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

He’s regarded as clown and a joke. He’s utterly despised in Waterford and Clare. When you are hated by your own people that’s all you really need to know.

1 Like

Think you’re mixing up your 2018 and 2019 and year 2 and year 3 again.

I think he’s very very mixed up generally. Davy is one of the most highly thought of manager to coach the game.

You have to remember that the Wexford crowd are probably the neediest bunch around. They need someone like Davy to make them feel important. If it wasn’t him they’d be lapping up Derek’s bullshit next year.

3 Likes

Davy’s legacy will probably be bankrupting them.

Pat Joe Whelahan deserves another chance to prove he can manage successfully at inter-county level

Good to see you can keep the time to keep making up more lies.

1 Like

In fifteen minutes I’ve all the Wexford crowd absolutely seething after a few home truths. They’ve managed to forget Davy orchestrated their meltdown versus Tipperary :joy:

We are a very needy bunch alright.

You’ve spent 15 mins typing away to yourself you lunatic

3 Likes

Davy’s biggest selling point is that he can set very high standards in terms of how a set up is run and what is demanded from players.

If coming from a set up where things were haphazard or poorly organised, as they probably were in Clare and Wexford before his appointment, this really gets buy in from players.

I think one of his biggest failings are that he has a massive habit of picking favourites who can do little wrong in his eyes while other players never really get a fair shot under him. The likes of Jamie Nagle in Waterford, Pat Donnellan in 2014 and 2015 despite his terrible form are a couple that spring to mind while Peter Duggan routinely couldn’t make a match day 26 and Clare couldn’t win puckouts under him. He also can lose faith in players for the most spurious of reasons too.

Despite his high standards for commitment, I think lads eventually see through his double standards especially as he remains loyal to his favourites through thick and thin while others continually get the thin end of the wedge from him. Watching him on the sideline during pre season games in Clare this was especially evident as he would spend the day roaring and berating certain players like Colin Ryan and Conor Cleary for the smallest mistakes while other lads like Donnellan, Colm Galvin et al would get free passes regardless. The same thing happened with off field discipline too. This wears down a panel for a finish.

Maybe he has learned from it and isn’t as over bearing in Wexford. I can understand why players would want to keep him onboard, especially if you have played under other set ups and realise that the grass pay not always be greener in terms of the professionalism and organisation of the set up and could well be back to a Colm Bonnar or Liam Dunne if Davy and his fundraising was to walk away.

6 Likes

Teege would be a perfect fit for Galway. Just whack it to Joe.

I hear that Derek is devastated at this unwelcome turn of events and may even have to consider teaching for another year

6 Likes

Davy will be discussing The Decision with Mairead Ronan🤔 on Today FM shortly

Putting cones out for the Laois minors is a very important job

1 Like

The same Mairead Ronan who is involved in Irelands Fittest Family?

1 Like

I’d say you’d love to have him in Laois. One day maybe.

Have they finished filming the next series of it?

1 Like

Would a lot of those favourites have come back to his club bias? You had a great post a while back outlining why Davy could never work in Clare as he was too close to things.

He was on radio one this morning too.