Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

The time Clare got a last minute winning goal to win by a point and the time Tippā€™s best player got sent off for nothing just before extra time and Clare got a few goals to put a gloss on it in extra time

The fact that the Wexford players clearly want Davy to stay is a sign to me he has grown as a manager and or as a person. Can he have Wexford play as well as they did against tipp again next year and tack on an avoiding of the puck out meltdown? Probably. If so they can genuinely be in with a shout of an all Ireland.

The fact Wexford are celebrating this like a national title is very small time.

davy fitz has no gra for NOGRA

2 Likes

Clare and Waterford couldnā€™t wait to be rid of Davy. The bare mention of his name is enough is send them incandescent with rage. Iā€™m not sure what Limericks beef with him is. Maybe while Limerick were in the doldrums he ran some family from Limerick into oblivion on Irelandā€™s fittest family. They werenā€™t really relevant during Davys Halycon years anyway. Probably jealousy.

With Wexford it does seem a lot different. Maybe Davy as a result of his heart problems (too fucking big) mellowed out and now we are seeing a more measured and shrewd Davy.

Galway wouldnā€™t have suited either party. He would have been under pressure from day 1. All Ireland or nothing. He would have been expected to do a Liam Sheedy and revive a core group of players who have stagnated.

Great to see the ex players involved in the commercial aspectā€¦ Do you think a lot of extra money is generated form these outlets? Thought bolger was helping out with davys expenses?

As @Gman said, I donā€™t think Bolger contributes financially these days. Not sure how much, if anything, he gave before that. I assume through his agri-sport background he was involved in getting Gain onboard as main sponsors a few years back. We had an association with a regional retailer which has since gone bust before that and Iā€™m speculating it would have been of much lower value than other counties. Open to correction on all that.

The previous chairman set the ball rolling in improving what was a poor financial position, e.g. selling the naming rights for Wexford Park among other things, and the current board has been building on that. I think thereā€™s a fair few ā€œpurpleā€ and ā€œgoldā€ commercial packages sold to businesses. Davy is box office.

1 Like

Bolger is a red mills man. Gain would be rivals

The commercial aspect has given rise to over ā‚¬200k of an increase from where it was to what they did in their first years work. There is a sub committee for more high level fundraising. Eanna Martin is into commercial revenue streams and long term advertising and funding etc and works with the group too.

2 Likes

Since when? Gain emblazoned on the back of his small horse box.

2 Likes

http://www.gainequinenutrition.com/blog/horse_feeds/feed-four/

Imagine being wrong, on the internet.

2 Likes

Jim Bolger called out for his help securing it.

More clueless lies from @AppleCrumbled

1 Like

We know our horse nuts.

3 Likes

Box office.

And coarse mixes and other rations.

1 Like

He def won the red mills award anyway

Another win for Wexford.

1 Like

Not sport.

He won an award, sponsored by Red Mills so that makes him anti Gain? :joy:

Will the All Star winners tonight be anti KPMG as a result?

You twit

4 Likes

What? Gain and red mills are rivals. Red mills awards usually go to people that use their products. I e he won the red mills breeder of the year.