Deflection thread

Heā€™ll be back for the World Cup Iā€™d imagine. Messi has brought Argentina their best period in international football in over 20 years

1 Like

So youā€™re applauding failure from one of footballā€™s traditional superpowers? Youā€™re citing the last 11 years of underachieving as testament to Messiā€™s influence? Iā€™m confused; is this actually what youā€™re saying?

2 Likes

Why does he keep shitting himself in the knockout phases?

Bizarre absolving of a guy who is meant to be one of the greatest ever.

Bizarre.

Their best period as a team for more than twenty years has come when Messi is there. This is an absolute fact

Best period?

What have they won?

Maradona told them not to bother coming home if they didnā€™t win it.

The fact is despite reaching numerous final, Messi has consistently failed to do it in the knockout stages and they get have got to finals in spite of him and not because of him.

Time to handle the mantle over the likes of Dybala, if Messi stays away from international football then Argentina have a great chance in Russia. Messi has had heaven and earth moved to accommodate him and he has been gutless and ineffective.

2 Likes

Do you rate any of Xavi, Messi or Iniesta?

I hear he is going to Spurs next

They are all slaves to the system, take them out of that system and they donā€™t look like the players they are proclaimed to be.

Contrast the way Bale has dragged his lowly nation go the last 8 of Europe. Heā€™s got character and belief in his own ability. You wouldnā€™t find Bale charging up to Chris Coleman going ā€œbut at Madrid we do it like thisā€.

Gutless cunt. He has shamed our beloved number 10 shirt.

Fuck off Messi.

Fuck off.

You donā€™t rate Iniesta, a player who has been man of the match in a Champions League Final, a Euros Final and a World Cup Final. You are an idiot

1 Like

I never said I donā€™t rate him. I donā€™t think he is what he is proclaimed to be. The thing you can label against these Barcelona players is that they are one trick ponies because theyā€™ve only ever played one way all their careers.

:laughing: iniesta is the greatest midfielder of the last 20 years.

1 Like

Yes theyā€™ve played one way all their careers. Demolishing everything that came in their paths. Ffs.

1 Like

Iniesta couldnā€™t lace the boots of Pirlo.

1 Like

For all the PEDa that messi took none enhanced his character

5 Likes

Lolz.

1 Like

Heā€™ll be back for the next World Cup

Back to his comfort zone now of scoring hat tricks against dross like Malaga and Real Zaragoza.

1 Like

i believe Dunphy said the same thing.