Derby County and drink driving supporters thread

Try a small bit harder there bro

You play for a wage but, in order to actually do a good job, a desire to win or not lose or to do your very best is probably something you need to motivate yourself on a week-to-week basis.

I imagine it’s similar in lots of jobs, not just sport. Anybody can phone it in, do the bare minimum and get by. You can definitely tell that certain players do that, look disinterested at times and under-perform.

1 Like

Same as any job kid. Some do it well and some don’t , doesnt matter two single fucks about the club, fans or teammates, it’s a job

Most lads good enough to get to that level will have put years of hard work into it and will have a lot of professional pride. At the most basic level it’s a sport and anybody who is any good wants to win every game they play whether that’s a challenge match or a World Cup Final

3 Likes

12 point deduction as Derby are going into administration. They also face up to 9 points deduction for financial irregularities.

Grim.

Themselves and forest having the big local Derby in league 1 is even more grim

3 Likes

We have no plan on joining them in L1 :grinning:

Its looking that way. Sad day for two great clubs

Get a decent manager in, whether it be Cooper or Howe, and they’ll be ok. Much too good to go down.

2 Likes

This baffles me.

A club get points deductions when struggling financially which will make them struggle more

Should it not be help they get?

They broke rules and were punished. Unfair on the fans obviously

1 Like

They got punished more for going into administration than for breaking rules.

Thats wrong

1 Like

Best Derby can hope for is the 12 point deduction and the league have the financial punishment concurrent and not throw it on top of the administrative points deduction. Like what the Irish judicial system does with our criminals.

1 Like

I assume they will be getting the debt reduced . The points deduction is early in season - they could be liquidated otherwise

I thought financial fair play rules were brought in to mitigate this? How can a club be breaching ffp and going into administration.

An utterly redundant concept

I think they were favorites with the bookies at start of the season for championship relegation so these points deductions seem to have been well telegraphed.

1 Like

I thought the Saudi boys were buying Derby after the Newcastle deal fell through?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Derby got 3 of the 12 points back today.

1 Like