Did anyone hear that

Interview with Plastic Sheeting last night.

It appears that The Animal Kingdom have stumped up and retained the services of Max Clifford, Enid Blyton and Hans Christian Anderson to come to the rescue of their dauphin, Paul Galvin.

Sorry Sorry Sorry, I was fustrated, I trained all winter, I was looking foward to the game, I had no league campaign, I was honoured and priviliged, I’ve set a bad example to the kids, sorry sorry sorry.

Paul, even for a savage of your extreme level, I know you can read; READ THIS

FUCK OFF. And you can get Tom Humphries out of your arse and shove his “more sinned against than sinning” up there instead.

You are smart enough to know that it is not your reputation that runs ahead of you onto the field. Its your behaviour. Accept that and call it a day.

You dare to apologise and then say you’ve set a bad example for all the kids and youngsters at the game and those who look up to you. How dare you. What about the example your thuggery is setting to your team mates, your peers and your colleagues.

How dare you call yourself a role model, which is exactly what you did. Be a man at least, and leave the game, its players, its supporters and its organisation alone.

I doubt anyone in the Irish Times will be interested in glamourising your tattoos today. But I’m more pissed off at the RTE news team applying licence payers resourses to record and broadcast your fairytale contritions. In fact, that I’m on the same side of Joe Brolly is more newsworthy in my opinion.

Note to professional lurkers: Feel free to lift the above. Mairegangaire@ireland.com

Not sure why Galvin got the airtime to publicise his remorse. And he got a nice clean statement out there about remorse, bad example, frustrations, all taken away from him, other circumstances I don’t want to go into because there’s a disciplinary panel for that…

Fucking cop out. Coming on air half-apologising, half citing extenuating circumstances. And those circumstances are an injury, a bit of frustration (at missing a quarter of an already won match), and other stuff he doesn’t want to go into. They’ve effectively allowed him to have a cut at Hayes on air and not given Hayes a chance to respond to that at all.

Fair play to him for apologising, lotta people woulda stuck the head in the ground.

He’ll still get 3 months, and rightly so, cant touch an official.

Gonna be a long summer for him.

It was almost like watchin Bertie with Brian Dobson.

Galvin, you did the crime, now do the time. You cant touch officials in any sport so its your own tough shite no matter how wound up you are. Cant have pity for anyone who carried on like he did.

Still haven’t seen the incident but a contrite interview with RTE should have no impact on what suspension he gets. That said I don’t see why he shouldn’t return to the game (once he serves his suspension) just because he lost the head and knocked the ref’s cards out of his hands.

If the GAA fudge the issue and don’t give him at least a 3 month ban it’ll be a sad day for the association. If the captain of the All-Ireland Champions is allowed show such disrespect to officals then the refs are wasting their time.
And also the Kerry County Board should accept whatever punishment that is handed down and not go appealing the decision.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Interview with Plastic Sheeting last night.

It appears that The Animal Kingdom have stumped up and retained the services of Max Clifford, Enid Blyton and Hans Christian Anderson to come to the rescue of their dauphin, Paul Galvin.

Sorry Sorry Sorry, I was fustrated, I trained all winter, I was looking foward to the game, I had no league campaign, I was honoured and priviliged, I’ve set a bad example to the kids, sorry sorry sorry.

Paul, even for a savage of your extreme level, I know you can read; READ THIS

FUCK OFF. And you can get Tom Humphries out of your arse and shove his “more sinned against than sinning” up there instead.

You are smart enough to know that it is not your reputation that runs ahead of you onto the field. Its your behaviour. Accept that and call it a day.

You dare to apologise and then say you’ve set a bad example for all the kids and youngsters at the game and those who look up to you. How dare you. What about the example your thuggery is setting to your team mates, your peers and your colleagues.

How dare you call yourself a role model, which is exactly what you did. Be a man at least, and leave the game, its players, its supporters and its organisation alone.

I doubt anyone in the Irish Times will be interested in glamourising your tattoos today. But I’m more pissed off at the RTE news team applying licence payers resourses to record and broadcast your fairytale contritions. In fact, that I’m on the same side of Joe Brolly is more newsworthy in my opinion.

Note to professional lurkers: Feel free to lift the above. Mairegangaire@ireland.com[/quote]

I’m sorry, did Galvin kill someone? Did he rape a young child? All he did was rant at a referee on a GAA Field? Lads have been groken up, fractured skulls, broken bones, etc on GAA fields and nothing was done about it.

Galvin done wrong, he knows he done wrong, he’ll do his time.

And he’ll come back again.

There’s worse than him out there.

I didn’t hear anything.

And How dare You!

[quote=“myboyblue”]I’m sorry, did Galvin kill someone? Did he rape a young child? All he did was rant at a referee on a GAA Field? Lads have been groken up, fractured skulls, broken bones, etc on GAA fields and nothing was done about it.

Galvin done wrong, he knows he done wrong, he’ll do his time.

And he’ll come back again.

There’s worse than him out there.[/quote]

Kill! Rape! And because “all he did was rant” we’re to be told there’s worse than him out there? Grow up.

The man is unstable and uncontrollable. If you don’t believe me, then let me ask you; why was he “Fustrated”? Because at no stage on Sunday did Clare threaten the Animal Kingdom. That game was won before they even came out of the dressing rooms (no offense to the Banner lads but sorry yere no Brazil) and if Paul Galvin can trigger off with that type of pressure then what’s next of this school teacher.

To be honest if Trampagh O’Se gave him a good digging I would have cheered.

Even for a Kerryman Paul Galvin is a disgrace. Now thats saying something.

And Don’t say I’m taking this personal, if the game was a contest or even a decider I would allow him some patience but it wasn’t. And the fact that I’m gonna be short a wedge load of quality anti Kerry material for the rest of the season doesn’t even come into it.

There is no football reason for his “rant” or his attempt at Trampagh O’Se. Therefore the man must have issues that are not related to Gaelic Football.

You’re really taking this very personally. I’ve seen far worse on GAA fields, I saw a guy have his helmet cracked in two by a hurley one day, I saw a ref assaulted with a hurley, and I saw lads tossing hurleys over a fence in a County Final so as to replace the ones they were breaking off each other.

Galvin ranted at a ref, he slapped a book out of his hands, he laid no finger on nobody.

Its a 3 month suspension, and rightly so, but to make him out as all of what you’re claiming is sensationalism worthy of a tabloid.

[quote=“The Runt”]If the GAA fudge the issue and don’t give him at least a 3 month ban it’ll be a sad day for the association. If the captain of the All-Ireland Champions is allowed show such disrespect to officals then the refs are wasting their time.
And also the Kerry County Board should accept whatever punishment that is handed down and not go appealing the decision.[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head here Runt, it will be a sad day for the association if this is brushed under the carpet. He surely must get the full three months and do his time. He can’t have any complaints, if it was anyone else there wouldn’t even be an argument. Sadly there is a history in this association of blaggarding referees and getting players off by putting pressure on them to alter their reports.

How long did Di Canio get for pushing over the referee that time?

11 games.

Galvin must get 3 months in order to protect our officials. If he doesnt every ref in the country should down notebooks.

However, as for all this sensationalism about it…give me a break.

I agree that given the game circumstances there was no reason whatsoever for Galvin to be so petulant. Equally an apology and an avalanche of Kerry-rent-a-quote heads coming out from all corners defending him and extolling his virtues shouldn’t impact the length of suspension he’s likely to get. He was indisciplined and foolish, should serve his ban and come back - like many others have done before him.

[quote=“myboyblue”]You’re really taking this very personally. I’ve seen far worse on GAA fields, I saw a guy have his helmet cracked in two by a hurley one day, I saw a ref assaulted with a hurley, and I saw lads tossing hurleys over a fence in a County Final so as to replace the ones they were breaking off each other.

Galvin ranted at a ref, he slapped a book out of his hands, he laid no finger on nobody.

Its a 3 month suspension, and rightly so, but to make him out as all of what you’re claiming is sensationalism worthy of a tabloid.[/quote]

sorry MBB he was bang out of order. the captain of the AI champions must rightly or wrongly try to set an example. Galvin was a disgrace on Sunday, acting like a spoilt child throwing a tantrum…he was virtually stamping his feet. Disrespect for officials is biggest problem in GAA IMHO and he has made a show of himself here.

A fella smacked/pushed a ref playing for DLSP one day and got a lifetime ban from all rugby, worse crime granted but the message was sent out loud and clear

I am a big fan of Galvins generally as I would want him on my team any day of the week, hes the kind of fella youd bring into the jungle with you!

Oh for Jesus Sake

[quote=“myboyblue”]You’re really taking this very personally. I’ve seen far worse on GAA fields, I saw a guy have his helmet cracked in two by a hurley one day, I saw a ref assaulted with a hurley, and I saw lads tossing hurleys over a fence in a County Final so as to replace the ones they were breaking off each other.

Its a 3 month suspension, and rightly so, but to make him out as all of what you’re claiming is sensationalism worthy of a tabloid.[/quote]

Mybabyboyblue! would you just grow up.

We have all seen the above, I could give you many more and some worse. But none of them, and you know this, are comparable to this argument.

Firstly;
The game wasn’t in the balance
The opposing team was Clare not Cork
It was Senior Championship Game
Paul Galvin is a school teacher

Should I keep his profession out of this? No, because school teachers not only provide the games with supporters, but its future players, stars, coaches and mentors. School Teachers represent a large numbers of Officials and Referrees in all sports but most particularly the GAA. School Teachers should be admired not ridiculed, School Teachers must be approachable and sensitive, not monsters and thugs. School Teachers must adhere to a standard that is applied to everyone in their classrooms and outside of them, but School Teachers must also be seen to be adhereing to it.

Tell ya one thing, bet there’s no messing or pranks in his classes, and parents nights are very quiet.

The man is now a danger to himself and others. Suspension will deal with the problem from the GAA’s point of view. But Paul Galvin needs to makes a different decision, and that involves professional help.

[quote=“dancarter”]sorry MBB he was bang out of order. the captain of the AI champions must rightly or wrongly try to set an example. Galvin was a disgrace on Sunday, acting like a spoilt child throwing a tantrum…he was virtually stamping his feet. Disrespect for officials is biggest problem in GAA IMHO and he has made a show of himself here.

A fella smacked/pushed a ref playing for DLSP one day and got a lifetime ban from all rugby, worse crime granted but the message was sent out loud and clear

I am a big fan of Galvins generally as I would want him on my team any day of the week, hes the kind of fella youd bring into the jungle with you![/quote]

DC I know he was out of order, I am not disputing that, I’m just saying, the ban i s 3 months, he will get 3 months, he will do his time.

He’s apologised, he knows he was wrong, I am objecting the sensationalist approach some people are taking to this, its worthy of foreign fields.

Mybabyboyblue! would you just grow up.

Its myboyblue, if there’s anyone acting like a baby here, it definitely aint me.

We have all seen the above, I could give you many more and some worse. But none of them, and you know this, are comparable to this argument.

Firstly;
The game wasn’t in the balance
The opposing team was Clare not Cork
It was Senior Championship Game
Paul Galvin is a school teacher

His profession has NOTHING to do with this, its offensive to all that have gone before to think it does. Are you familiar with him in a classroom? Have you seen him blow up at a child? No? Then leave it out of this, what happened on Sunday is what he does in his spare time, leave his profession out of it.

Should I keep his profession out of this? No, because school teachers not only provide the games with supporters, but its future players, stars, coaches and mentors. School Teachers represent a large numbers of Officials and Referrees in all sports but most particularly the GAA. School Teachers should be admired not ridiculed, School Teachers must be approachable and sensitive, not monsters and thugs. School Teachers must adhere to a standard that is applied to everyone in their classrooms and outside of them, but School Teachers must also be seen to be adhereing to it.

Yes you should.

Tell ya one thing, bet there’s no messing or pranks in his classes, and parents nights are very quiet.

The man is now a danger to himself and others. Suspension will deal with the problem from the GAA’s point of view. But Paul Galvin needs to makes a different decision, and that involves professional help

Galvin has 3 All Ireland medals.

2 All Stars.

A number of County medals.

He has been sent off twice in Inter County football.

You are making him out to be Hannibal Lector.

Again, sensationalist bullshite.

Stick the Dummy in

[quote=“myboyblue”]DC I know he was out of order, I am not disputing that, I’m just saying, the ban i s 3 months, he will get 3 months, he will do his time.

He’s apologised, he knows he was wrong, I am objecting the sensationalist approach some people are taking to this, its worthy of foreign fields.

Its myboyblue, if there’s anyone acting like a baby here, it definitely aint me.

His profession has NOTHING to do with this, its offensive to all that have gone before to think it does. Are you familiar with him in a classroom? Have you seen him blow up at a child? No? Then leave it out of this, what happened on Sunday is what he does in his spare time, leave his profession out of it.

Yes you should.

Galvin has 3 All Ireland medals.

2 All Stars.

A number of County medals.

He has been sent off twice in Inter County football.

You are making him out to be Hannibal Lector.

Again, sensationalist bullshite.[/quote]

Baby Blue. Good boy.

Now you don’t know me, fair enough. Nobody would expect anything less of me regarding any Kerry player. Its my form. Nothing sensationalist about it at all; its expected. And this generation of Kerry players are not the first. Maurice Fitzgerald and Mikey Sheehy are the only exceptions. I still fancy my chances there. http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

But while I’m on that, if you think the above vitriol is bad, then good job Galvin isn’t from Meath. Chances are you would need treatment for what you could have read.

In fairness I did prepare this young board in advance of the season. Check out the predictions thread.

I’m no angel and I don’t pretend to be. Its no secret when I stick the knife in I leave it there nor am I subtle or coy. But that game on Sunday was a foregone conclusion, and Galvin’s conduct in that context is worrying. If you think his so called “fustration” was appropriate and measured for what was no more competitive that a thirteen year olds birthday party bouncy castle then say it, and don’t use my words to make your point.

If his profession was anything other than School Teacher (ok medical too) I would absolutely never have mentioned it. My history proves that.

I made very similar observations regarding A N Other years ago. Although I was proved right it was only eventually, and it was too late for a young (very young) opponent. But I was right then, and A N Other got sorted and is still playing, and I’m delighted for him, his team and his family. He will be a bigger player now than he would ever have been had everything been seen and treated as black and white as a rule book.

Gaelic Games is bigger than that.

Galvin has been given 6 months suspension

Feck!
Won’t hold up I’d say-will be reduced to 3 at most-wouldn’t be surprised if he got it down to 2.
Now if Galvin took the punishment and moved, on la J. Mullane style, people might start to respect him.