Diego Maradona Appreciation Thread

Let’s see when that smug cunt dies

That Fenwick chap went through the back of Diego around the 60th minute mark with an elbow to the back of the head. Any chance they could to lay one on Maradona they did but the Argentinians just shut up shop and didn’t put him in harms way after that with bigger fish to fry.

Brilliant picture
should be in the things that are right thread
everything about it is great, celebrating in front of opposition fans just after a war to goad them, the reaction of the fans is correct and outstanding, there is everything, passion, joy, hatred, revenge and overt nationalism there on display.
That’s what international sport should be about

what have we got today, Rhys Grego Cox and CJ Stander…

7 Likes
6 Likes

The 1st or 2nd goal

I love the stories from 1988 to 1992 of the utter hatred between the Dutch and German teams

The step up from pub league standard in the League of Scotland to international level was too much for him.

West Germany and Holland was a proper rivalry as well

1 Like

Both those goals against England summed him up perfectly. No more needs to be said.

5 Likes

The lad who took the picture with the dead body took his chance and it cost him is job.

A colleague bordering on a mate from Donegal told me a story about this. When he was very young he was a huge Bonnar fan. Him and his mother went to the opening of a shopping center once to meet Pakie. Asked him to autograph a photo and wrote a little message on it. Bonnar refused and only signed it. So your man now has a photo signed by Pakie that also has a heartfelt message in his own mother’s handwriting

2 Likes

I heard a story of him being asked to give a talk to a GAA football team. He basically took the existing keeper apart shoring clips from previous matches and how terrible the existing keeper was. A bad fucker.

he was dropped for the chunky chicken at Celtic

Packie seemed like a nice chap when I met him but he was a fairly rubbish keeper.

I was looking forward to a couple hundred posts on maradona and the beauty of him playing sport. Instead a few hundred posts on how an English goalkeeper is a cunt and actually was overrated as well, and now an Irish iconic keeper was actually not that great and a bit of a bollox, oh and the stories about maradona were made up.

This is the most stark evidence yet that this place is absolutely full of truly weird psycho fuckers.

3 Likes

Safe to say there are likely two dead men in that photo

My takeaway from this thread is that we have lost Diego Maradona but Paul Gascoigne has miraculously come back to life.

Roaul Moat even got a mention in here somewhere thanks to @mikehunt

Two lads had a row about who passed the ball back for the hand of God :smiley:

1 Like

No suggestion has emerged, as yet, that he played for (insert parish) in the Féile na Gael competition or, indeed played Junior B for same club.

Hunt! Right out of the book and on the first line too.

Rinat dasaeyev was always rated by everyone as the best keeper in the world around then despite the fact no one had seen him play.