Diego Maradona Appreciation Thread

Peter Reid likely to catch up with this news around 9 o’clock.

6 Likes

The greatest of all time

Si yo fuera Maradona…

La vida es una tombola, por seguro.

1 Like

:grin: :grin:

I think Ireland played Argentina around 1978/79. I remember reading about this boy wonder before the '78 World Cup.

1 Like

I’m sure there’ll be a few here that will say some other plodder was better but what he did for Napoli and Argentina will never ever be achieved by another football player for their club and country again.

2 Likes

What a player and what a life he led the good the bad the ugly the ridiculous the sublime all thrown in RIP to a legend

:joy::joy:

Did he break the world transfer fee twice with Barcelona and then Napoli?

Has anyone else ever done that?

There was certainly talk of him during the ‘78 World Cup. Back then there was no video clips or what have you, so you’d have nothing to go on, but the consensus was he must be something pretty special.
They weren’t fucking wrong, as we all found out.

I nearly came to blows one time with a fella saying that was finished by Terry Butcher

One of his best goals. Sends the English buck ape.

1 Like

That was the first bit of footage I ever watched on the internet on a dial up connection

Diego’s death reminds me of how much I bloody love football. It hurts.

15 years to the day after the only player that was better than him. What a shit date this is.

Would you believe Dunphy wrote him off at half time in that match. Jimmy Magee mugged Dunphy off on the commentary.

The 86 World Cup was the best display of football I remember seeing. He was other worldly. Even to extent of not losing balance after Belgium goal.

2 Likes

that defied physics

1 Like

Fucking hell. Belgium were top class like

Tightly watched by the Germans in the final yet pulled out a peach of a ball for Burrachaga to win the World Cup.