Diego Maradona Appreciation Thread

Lads I’m devastated :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

6 Likes

He fell in for a 5 aside…

1 Like

Mate, you’ll bring me to tears.

It was okay to love Diego. Because Diego was love.

1 Like

2 Likes

One of the sporting highlights of my life to have seen him in the flesh.

3 Likes

Was he on drugs in Spain before he moved to Napoli or did he just take them up in the Naples nightlife? Amazing to think how good he could have been if he didn’t succumb to them.

Ah this is very sad. Maradonna is taking me back to the playground days, games finishing 18-17 jumpers for goalposts. Football was fun. Maybe thats twee I don’t really care. At his best he inspired the whole world, not many can say that

8 Likes

Ah George Best was hardly better than him? The top 4 players of all time in no particular order are Pele, Maradona, Messi and CR7.

The real Ronaldo is there too. He had the skill and pace and ability that Messi and Ronaldo had, but also the power and strength that Maradona and Pele had in shitty conditions and tougher defenders.

3 Likes

No it goes
Maradonna
CR7
Pele
Collymore

3 Likes

I’ll always bat for Georgie Best. Diego second, Pele third.

Leave this thread please

5 Likes

Diego

The Rest.

2 Likes

Goodbye God, and thank you.

I’d give it an hour tops before there’s tedious comparisons with Leo Messi on here.

Without having ever seen Best play I can vouch that he is almost certainly not the best player of all time. 7 goals against Northampton seems to be the most commonly referenced match. Only 37 caps for Northern Ireland? Playing for Cork Celtic by the age of 30? Was he there for Man Utd’s relegation too? Having looked at Wiki 32 goals was hugely impressive season in 67/68.