Diego Maradona Appreciation Thread

You can’t spell Maradona

16 Likes

More than likely because the English are a shower of racist cunts.

1 Like

That’s a serious clamping.

Ah, the good old 101 Great goals. A mini-Boxty could eventually provide the commentary for all of them, even the thunderbolt in the mud from Ronnie Radford…

2 Likes

Some little ginger fella called Ernie with an audacious free kick for Coventry in their all brown kit…

Magician

Thermos head :joy:

1 Like

Live cam footage of Maradona’s remains lying in State in Argentina

https://twitter.com/i/events/1331908356383010816

This Shilton debate is unedifying for this great mans thread. I will add this though. Goalkeepers nowadays in infinitely better than the hapes of absolute shite that used to stand in goals back in the day. And they’re still barely worthy of being called footballers.

He was badly mugged off by Baggio too in the third place playoff as well.

I also think Packie Bonnar was over rated as well of that era. Penalty save from Timofte aside, and his big kick outs, but his shot stopping was average enough. I suppose its harsh to be comparing keepers from the era where I wouldnt have seen them that often or appreciated the quality at a young age, but some really revered keepers played like they had lead in their boots.

1 Like

That documentary is available for free on Channel 4’s streaming service at the moment

1 Like

I can only imagine the outpouring of grief when Shilts passes away. Diego Maradona has just died and all the EPL fanboys want to talk about is Shilts.

Shilton is a figure of ridicule, much like yourself.

2 Likes

Gazza even taking the piss out of him says it all.

2 Likes

They were so “honoured” to be on the same pitch that they proceeded to kick the fuck out of him…

A lovely RT from “Miguel”.

Something lost in translation in Riquelme’s there?