Diet & Nutrition

Correct as ever, my friend.

[quote=“The All Seeing Eye, post: 699423”]massive breakfast
medium lunch
small dinner

thats the key to maintaining peak energy levels when needed and to slimming down[/quote]

What if you’re travelling through different time zones on any given day?

[quote=“Bandage, post: 699425”]

What if you’re travelling through different time zones on any given day?[/quote]

When in doubt. Eat your shit.

Eat like a king in the morning, a prince in the afternoon and a pauper at night

Probably not bad advice but it’s impact tends to be overstated. There have been studies where people take in 90% of their calories after 6pm and it didn’t have any impact in terms of fat production etc. Probably a good thing if you’ve a physically demanding job but otherwise there’s no need to worry about it too much.

I’d just like to share with the board that I find a spoon full of honey washed down with water, about 10-15mins before exercise, gives me a great little boost, particularly if I’m playing an hour long game of 7aside or going on a long run.

Thank you.

I bought ‘Alpen’ for the first time yesterday and am here having a bowl of it. It’s quite nice, it’s surely good for you?

Ah stop, sure that’s what they eat in Switzerland, Dunph. Doesn’t get any more wholesome than that.

I’m partial to a bowl of Alpen myself.

Sugar and Salt Dunph. Tut tut.
Porridge mate.

What do the fun boys on here have for lunch? The thought of cooking up something healthy the night before bores me.

Surely porridge couldn’t be the only moderately healthy cereal to eat?

you need a certain amount of sugar and salt…the best to get is the ‘lifeforce’ brand of museli…a great start to the day…sprinkle it with a few spoons of flaxseed and you’ll be driving the porcelain bus at least twice a day… :wink:

Low fat Cottage cheese is a very good source of protein, calcium and aids weightloss- Low fat dairy in general helps with losing weight as a calcium rich diet helps breakdown fat producing enzymes… People who ate low fat dairy were also said to maintain lean muscle mass far easier, which is important as you want to lose fat not muscle when looking to shed some pounds! Yougurt (low fat natural) is also acceptable but stay away from these fruit flavoured ‘low fat’ ones, they are full of sugar- Cottage cheese is the lightest calories wise.

CM, is natural yogurt by definition low fat or is there specific low fat and full fat natural yogurt options? I’m talking about your standard Yoplait brand or whatever.

There are specific low fat options. Low fat natural yoghurt might have less than 1% fat, ‘whole’ natural yoghurt might be 4-5%. Nothing much wrong with dairy fats though.

A spoon of protein powder is the job for flavouring natural yoghurt.

There’s full and lowfat- I just get the tesco one- no harm to compare the sugar content on a few of them though, as many low fat ones can be loaded with sugar.

And my porridge in the morning…

anything other then butter and proper milk and cheese is not food