Disney+, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, and other streaming channels

I thought rings of power was utterly dreadful. Struggled through five episodes, each one worse than the one before. Absolutely shite. Hard to imagine there has ever been so much money wasted on such an utterly dreadful set of programmes in the history of TV. It’s like a star wars reboot scripted and directed by Noel Edmunds and with jar jar Bink’s in every scene.

2 Likes

Did you really need 5 episodes? When that blonde slip of a thing took on and finished a huge cave troll in episode one I knew I’d seen enough.

Convincing argument, cheers.

Story wasn’t as srtong as S1 imo, but decent season overall.

1 Like

It’s also historically inaccurate

1 Like

The oirish hobbits getting oirisher and twee-er by the episode. Was like far and away. I genuinely wonder how it could possibly have been worse from the start. Hard to think how.

2 Likes

Has anybody watched ‘The Bear’, we’re 4 episodes in and I think it’s really good

The Patient is good as well but annoyingly it comes out one episode a week

4 Likes

The Bear is brilliant.

1 Like

Are there any bear ladies in it?

2 Likes

When?

Spring. No exact air date confirmed yet.

1 Like

It’s very good. We’re 6 episodes in here.

One of the episodes tonight ended with Wilco’s 'Impossible Germany, a song that I only posted to the Smashing Tunes Thread about a week ago

2 Likes

The music is ace. You’re in for a treat for the last two episodes

Some good stuff alright, bar the week they played the god awful Counting Crows

The T-shirts are iconic. Loopwheeled.

I think the counting crows are harshly treated because their most popular songs were also their worst.

They have a few decent tunes.

2 Likes

I find their music offensive

2 Likes

A Long December is a gem.

3 Likes

Counting Crows are a great band

Adam is an alright sort

1 Like