Faldo's DIY General thread

Today is a stoney day on tfk.

1 Like

Would have a be a Galway farmer who becomes TFKs official stones expert

I’ve the scars to prove it.

I’ll sell you a few stones if you are stuck @Dubhub. We’ve a load of pebble type stones that were put in the back garden for decoration when it was built. I must get rid of them now so I can put down some astro turf

I am going to go with the gully option.

Topping up stones every couple of years is not worth the hassle putting slabs down easier maintenance

1 Like

Ok. Help required. I’ve assembled a patio heater over 2 days. Have the gas canister and the regulator in situ but I can’t get the bastard pilot light to light. Anyone ever experience similar.

Before anyone asks I have shoved my thumb up my hole. That didn’t help. And no I don’t hate the planet.

Did ya turn on the gas?

Yes I turned on the gas.

Can you hear the gas coming out the top?

No. I can hear it coming out of the cylinder though.

Try a different barrel of gas

I don’t have a load of them sitting around the yard.

1 Like

Your gas cylinder isn’t compatible with the connector. Your options are:

A) Replace the connector attached to the heater.
B) A potential handy escape - if it’s a new drum of gas take it back and replace it with cylinder of Butane gas which is the most common gas for those implements.
C) If it’s an emergency transfer the connectors (assuming you have another one attached to something).

Let’s have a photograph to see if the heater and gas are compatible

Have you put in the batteries?

What do you mean by connector - the regulator?

We gave an unused heater (still boxed) to friends of ours and they’ve had a world of pain trying to get right regulator for the gas.

Yes. Switch them if you have another.

It’s either butane or propane. Match the gas to the regulator

I know it’s the right type of regulator but I have another one done in Waterford that I’ll pick up at the weekend.