Documentaries worth watching

There is a documentary of Thatcher’s early days on BBC 2 at 9 tonight. I’ll be tuning in.

This is pretty shit.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 765433, member: 273”]Personal choice I’m afraid. If I’d had enough of sport I’ll look at some sort of political doc or something light hearted. Generally though I’ll go sport first though.

I believe the Oliver stone show gets better.[/quote]

I put my trust in you. Will update my results

Just watched ESPN 30 for 30 - Kings Ransom

The Wayne Gretzky trade from Edmonton Oilers to LA Kings.

8/10

Watched 30 for 30 Elway-Marino Doc, too long if mildly interesting.

Decent enough of a documentary on BBC2 last night on Rupert Murdoch.

It inferred that he was responsible for the dumbing down of the British Press into the thrash that is The Sun and was the News of the World.

He also promoted a culture of scoop at all costs which indirectly made him responsible for the phone hacking scandal.

It also touched on his relationship with Thatcher as he attempted to buy the Times newspaper and also his relationship with Blair which was sought out by Blair and resulted in the Sun supporting Labour in 1997.

All very rotten.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 766195, member: 24”]Decent enough of a documentary on BBC2 last night on Rupert Murdoch.

It inferred that he was responsible for the dumbing down of the British Press into the thrash that is The Sun and was the News of the World.

He also promoted a culture of scoop at all costs which indirectly made him responsible for the phone hacking scandal.

It also touched on his relationship with Thatcher as he attempted to buy the Times newspaper and also his relationship with Blair which was sought out by Blair and resulted in the Sun supporting Labour in 1997.

All very rotten.[/quote]

Neil Kinnock actually blamed the sun for losing the 1992 election, so I suppose it would be understandable to seek their backing.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 766195, member: 24”]Decent enough of a documentary on BBC2 last night on Rupert Murdoch.

All very rotten.[/quote]
It implied Farmer. You inferred.

1 Like

If you’re going to be a pedant, at least put a comma after implied

Both thorougly enjoyable.

I had seen some of the Dupree one before, but only the college part of it, the Mississippi civil rights murders was a fascinating backdrop to the story. Undefeated was very moving, and after completing all 5 seasons of Friday Night Lights recently, both have made me want to be a better man.

ESPN 30 for 30 - No Bias

The story of Len Bias.

Excellent Doc.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 768513, member: 686”]ESPN 30 for 30 - No Bias

The story of Len Bias.

Excellent Doc.[/quote]
Is there a schedule for those shorts?
Couldn’t find one.

[quote=“habanerocat, post: 768538, member: 1513”]Is there a schedule for those shorts?
Couldn’t find one.[/quote]

isohunt.com mate

Been reading Jon Ronson - THEM.

All about conspiracy theorists, Ruby Ridge/Waco, David Icke etc.
Anyone believe in any of this stuff? I saw Noel Gallagher and Icke on a Russel Brand show recently and Noel is a big fan. He’s also a big fan of the Smiths, so I’d give his viewpoint some respect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuQBHvWi4kw

I think the QPR: Four Year Plan is possibly my favourite sports docu ever.

+1

Hilarious stuff

here you go… only 12 mins long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJPRj19OU-w

There you go Mark Renton a decent watch if you are into busting heads like I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8B2065LRsM

DP-fuck this place is slow tonight.

Hero - Story of 86 World Cup. Classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4d3LCE_tU