Documentaries worth watching

I see youve just watched the godfather trilogy, have a look on youtube for “I knew it was you; the john cazale story” cazale played fredo

Are you familiar with the ESPN 30 for 30 series of sporting documentaries? A new one was shown in the US the other day “Elway to Marino” about the 1983 draft and how Marino, one of the greatest QBs ever, was taken so low - looking forward to watching it.

Good mention for S02 of 30 for 30 Bandage, I’ve seen a few already and hope to get through the rest in due course.

Broke wasn’t all I expected it to be, but it was pretty interesting watching for the figures alone.

I loved Ghosts of Ole Miss, a really well made piece about the integration told through the Ole Miss Football team of the day.

You Don’t Know Bo narrowly beats out Ghosts though so far for me, a hugely enjoyable look at an underappreciated superstar. I’m looking forward to Elway to Marino also.

http://www.tvmuse.eu/tv-shows/Oliver-Stone-s-Untold-History-of-the-United-States_33438/

All the episodes there

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 764807, member: 180”]Good mention for S02 of 30 for 30 Bandage, I’ve seen a few already and hope to get through the rest in due course.

Broke wasn’t all I expected it to be, but it was pretty interesting watching for the figures alone.

I loved Ghosts of Ole Miss, a really well made piece about the integration told through the Ole Miss Football team of the day.

You Don’t Know Bo narrowly beats out Ghosts though so far for me, a hugely enjoyable look at an underappreciated superstar. I’m looking forward to Elway to Marino also.[/quote]
Yeah agreed on that hierarchy.

What is the best (American) Football documentary made?

I don’t know the answer to that but Undefeated is excellent. I also thought The Best That Never Was was excellent.

Cheers…

I really enjoyed them. Very revealing stuff.

Don’t judge on the first episode, or the 2nd really either. After that it gets very good.

once brothers is the best 30 for 30 i saw…

Cobblers. :rolleyes: If anything the reverse is true.

Nothing startling in either really, but that may have been because I knew alot if that stuff already. It really depends on is there anything new or a new angle with such doc’s.

My top three of the 30 for 30’s I’ve watched

The U
Catching Hell
Survive and Advance

[quote=“Piles Hussain, post: 765332, member: 363”]My top three of the 30 for 30’s I’ve watched

The U
Catching Hell
Survive and Advance[/quote]
What’s that last one about? I didn’t really like Catching Hell for some reason.

The NC State Wolfpack basketball team who won it all in 1983. Their last nine games were must wins and they won them all either by one point or in overtime.
They were massive underdogs in the NCAA final against a Houston team of superstars including Clyde Drexler and Hakeem Olajuwan.
Their coach Jim Valvano died from cancer in 1993.

You’re not wrong there, outstanding. I did love the Bo one though.

You don’t know Bo.

That man was a beast…

Really enjoyed the first one. Second one didn’t interest me at all I’m afraid. I am now in a dilemma to work my way onto the 2nd volume of the 30 for 30 series or give the 3rd oliver stone episode a go. Please advice, time is precious!

Personal choice I’m afraid. If I’d had enough of sport I’ll look at some sort of political doc or something light hearted. Generally though I’ll go sport first though.

I believe the Oliver stone show gets better.