Documentaries worth watching

Have ye watched West of Memphis? Thought that was superb. It was made after the Paradise Lost trilogy and has a different (but still fucked up) take on everything.

[QUOTE=“Big Mick McCarthy, post: 1137039, member: 1137”]I didnt google it and just watched it over the past few nights. Epic, utterly epic stuff. Harrowing yet so compelling.

Takes time to get going bit well worth the effort. Superbly made[/QUOTE]
Just finished the first one, very engrossing. The stepdad Byers seemed a right slippery character alright. Clearly not the full shilling but giving the knife to the HBO people? FFS sake.
Haven’t googled anything, does the second follow in a similar nature? Is there an appeal in this case or another case?

Not yet @Rocko. It’s on my download list though. I may even pay for that one. Although that prudes from the brothel thread may have a go at me for paying for something I can get for free.

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1137368, member: 2812”]Just finished the first one, very engrossing. The stepdad Byers seemed a right slippery character alright. Clearly not the full shilling but giving the knife to the HBO people? FFS sake.
Haven’t googled anything, does the second follow in a similar nature? Is there an appeal in this case or another case?[/QUOTE]

I won’t give anything away. Best off just watching it.

Jesse Misskelley Jnr.'s father, Jesse Misskelley Snr. is a thoroughly alright sort and a decent and honourable man.

Have you a link for this?

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1137378, member: 6”]I won’t give anything away. Best off just watching it.

Jesse Misskelley Jnr.'s father, Jesse Misskelley Snr. is a thoroughly alright sort and a decent and honourable man.[/QUOTE]

I had little or no sympathy for Damien Echols watching it but you could see straight off the bat that young Misskelley was a simpleton who was just roped in my the cops

Jesus Christ lads, i said i’d give it a go… the start of it turned my stomach… fuck me that was horrific… i’ll come back to it later :frowning:

[MEDIA=facebook]10153263798814886[/MEDIA]

Has anyone seen this living in a coded land? Rte one Thursday 11.15

Thought Crimes: Cannibal Cop is a very thought provoking documentary. I can’t make my mind up on the guy and it raises some very important questions.

I’d say there will be a few lads on this forum sweating after watching.

Documentary about the execution of war criminal Louis Mountbatten on rte1. They might play the famous ‘old Mountbatten had a boat’ song at the end.
So far he looks a heinous individual and most likely a paedo.

Watched Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth this evening. Very enjoyable if slightly bizarre.

Just realised that West of Memphis is on netflix

Which region? Pretty sure it wasn’t there when I checked last week.

The Irish/UK one

Good piece by Drew Magary about Allen Iverson who is the subject of a new book.

http://deadspin.com/allen-iverson-has-destroyed-the-legacy-of-allen-iverson-1708683536

For sociopath quality the hardman on youtube from 1995 about Mikey Kelly is shocking.

Mikey, don’t leave me now…

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1132139, member: 6”]Done in three parts, 1996, 2001 and 2011 I think. Each is about two hours.

Very disturbing story.[/QUOTE]
Watched these this week. Splendid stuff altogether. What a story. :clap:

Damien Echols is a smashing chap. :clap:

Lovely to see John Mark Byers’ road to Damascus from bloodthirsty bible thumping to bleeding heart liberalism. :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWwf-uHrCIA

Good documentary on The Undertones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxTOMcPax6k