Documentaries worth watching

The Chinese are at it now and have been for some time.

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1073285, member: 168”][movie]Virunga (tt3455224)[/movie]

Virunga movie on Netflix worth a watch- About the struggle of the Congolese national park, civil war and a greedy oil company. The western world has really raped the fuck out of Africa.[/QUOTE]
Nice use of the new movie tags there CM.

:eek:

Great radio documentary here.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2012/1109/647250-foleyst/

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1089209, member: 706”]Great radio documentary here.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2012/1109/647250-foleyst/[/QUOTE]
Do you watch the rádio much, Fagan.

I do when I’m in the car cm

:clap:

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1073285, member: 168”][movie]Virunga (tt3455224)[/movie]

Virunga movie on Netflix worth a watch- About the struggle of the Congolese national park, civil war and a greedy oil company. The western world has really raped the fuck out of Africa.[/QUOTE]

An excellent watch.

Watched Dirty Wars earlier - it was released a few years back.

Thought provoking stuff and wonderfully made, cinematography etc.

I watched Paradise Lost over the last two nights. A stunning three part documentary made over 17 years about the West Memphis 3. Do yourself a favor and don’t google anything about the case. Just watch it.

Next up is Citizenfour. HBO Now is absolutely brilliant :clap:

I’ve been recording the storyville series on BBC the last while, but haven’t got around to watching many.
Extremely hit and miss so far, however I just watched “The Lost Gold of the Highlands” which was part of the series and it was fantastic. It is supposed to be about this eccentric fellow looking for some long lost gold in the Scottish Highlands but it turns out to have very little to do with it. It’s just a story about this guy who has huge regrets in life, not settling down with a woman he loved, never following through on any of the stuff he started shit like that. But it’s excellent. He recites a poem at the end and in the context of the film it would nearly bring a tear to your eye.

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1126608, member: 6”]I watched Paradise Lost over the last two nights. A stunning three part documentary made over 17 years about the West Memphis 3. Do yourself a favor and don’t google anything about the case. Just watch it.

Next up is Citizenfour. HBO Now is absolutely brilliant :clap:[/QUOTE]

I’m 16 mins in @briantinnion and it does look like it’s gonna be a gripping watch. Is it really 6 hours+ long though?? That’s one long-ass documentary.

Done in three parts, 1996, 2001 and 2011 I think. Each is about two hours.

Very disturbing story.

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1132139, member: 6”]Done in three parts, 1996, 2001 and 2011 I think. Each is about two hours.

Very disturbing story.[/QUOTE]

I garnered that from a quick google. I’m 1:50 in to the first one. Fascinating stuff.

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1126608, member: 6”]I watched Paradise Lost over the last two nights. A stunning three part documentary made over 17 years about the West Memphis 3. Do yourself a favor and don’t google anything about the case. Just watch it.

Next up is Citizenfour. HBO Now is absolutely brilliant :clap:[/QUOTE]

Any link?

@Thrawneen might have one. I watched through HBO Now but that’s a subscription service.

Just type it into Youtube, brah

[/QUOTE]

I didnt google it and just watched it over the past few nights. Epic, utterly epic stuff. Harrowing yet so compelling.

Takes time to get going bit well worth the effort. Superbly made

[QUOTE=“Big Mick McCarthy, post: 1137039, member: 1137”]I didnt google it and just watched it over the past few nights. Epic, utterly epic stuff. Harrowing yet so compelling.

Takes time to get going bit well worth the effort. Superbly made[/QUOTE]

John Mark Byers is a fair character isn’t he?!

Unreal. Very hard to get a grasp on him and he really makes it as he adds so many more layers of intrigue to it.

Wouldn’t mind having a bud light with him