Documentaries worth watching

I watched it the first night.
I was mad as hell after it.

There was a brilliant secene in it last night where he was fishing with huge big fishing pole off the side of a trawler in the Maldives, he kept thinking he was getting a bite and getting all excited but it was the locals tipping the back of the pole and bursting their sides laughing…

:lol:

We were in a boat fishing off Dingle Bay over the summer and the captain pulled a similar stunt. One of the lads got tangled in the line of another fella at the other side of the boat. The captain grabbed one of the rods (fishing) and started pulling like mad on it. Your man at the other side thought he had a monster fish hooked and was trying to reel it in but the captain kept pulling against him. He kept him going for about 10 minutes before he cut the line and your man thought he lost his fish.

The captain kept rising him saying he’d never seen a fish pulling like that and he must hooked a basking shark that bit through the line. We didn’t tell your man the proper story until he went to tell his version of it for the 10th time later on that night.

I’m sickened i missed this as i’m a big fan of Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall, he must be an alright sort of the year candidate…

well worth watching, mate

Cheers…

+1
Hugh knows the score.

Watched it the first night. Thought it was rendered slightly pointless by showing him getting riled up about discard, discard is awful, discard is such a waste, we have to end discard NOW…and then he goes to talk with the fisheries minister who tells him that that’s what they intend to do very soon anyway. Deadliest Catch, Trawlermen, Skippers and Deadly North Sea had already shown the stupidity of discard anyhow. I admire Hugh’s passion but I doubt he’d be a grand lad to go for a pint with.

Just watched a few episodes of Hugh’s Fish Fight and my respect for that man has risen again. Glad to see Channel 4 supporting it as well.

Is it available to watch somewhere on the web? Might check it out tomorrow evening if so…

Just type “4od” into google. You’ll get all the channel 4 programmes.

Can i type in “fourod”? Will that get me there as well?

Aaaaaaaaaaaah qué??? :unsure:

well worth a watch

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/good-dog-bad-dog/4od#3068004

Keeping up tjhe post count…
Reminiscent of smiley/huh/rollyeyes shit that NCC and the Yank used to do…
There was another poster who was fond of a phrase like “sources” whose name escapes me…Possible 50k. posts between them of :unsure: <_< :rolleyes:

Pathetic, Where is that lowest of the low, Junior Rossie, when you need him…

Boxty kicking ass and takin’ names here tonight, great to witness :smiley:

One of the most amazing, fascinating, fucked up and downright brilliant documentaries I’ve ever seen. Didn’t realise it was on Youtube. It starts off fucked up and gets even more so all the way through. Just an incredible story. One of the birds lived in Cork too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWOkor8t8s

Louis Theroux new series starts tonight…He is with Mickee’s mates this evening

Rocko, have you ever seen Harlan County, USA? It’s about a coal miners strike in Kentucky in the 70s. Unbelievable stuff in it. Better than anything I’ve seen on the coal miners strikes in Northern England. Way more brutal as well. Gives a good insight into the labour movement in the States and what they were up against.

Do you just watch documentaries all day?