Documentaries worth watching

I thought you couldn’t stand watching McCloud?

I knew you’d pipe in when i mentioned your boyfriend Kevin McCloud. I will tolerate him for the time being to watch what looks a good documentary…

I hope he’s helping them design new shanty houses with eco friendly corrugated sheets overlooking fantastic panoramic views of India?

It’s early days in the documentary yet and all he has done is complain…

Has anyone watched Restrepo? I have it recorded, but don’t want to watch it if its full og gung ho American millitary arseholes.

I did ya. Gives a decent insight to what life is like for them there, but does nothing really to improve the image of the US Army or the tools they leave in charge of some of these platoons. One scene alright is fairly emotional, and shows how hard warfare with these boys is.

Not as good as i hope it would be.

I saw that slumming it about a year ago, very good ok. Amazing how there’s no drug culture in those slums, a credit to the inhabitants.

Anyone see the 2 Escobars on ESPN recently?

For pure entertainment Danny Dyer’s Living Dangerously episode with some pikey Paddy O something or other is worth viewing. Appleby horse fair could be worth a day trip after looking at it

see the espn 30 for 30 thread. they’re producing some great docos. all of them are being shown on ESPN classic this week

“The War You Don’t See” by John Pilger - this was on TV last night, all up on Youtube now.

Explains how the propaganda machine of the US/UK/Israel military-industrial complex corrupts the media and brainwashes the public.

First part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcTynu6sBk
eature=related

Any of Louis Theoroux’s works.

Alex Riley’s really disgusting drinks and foods. Both available on bbci player and possibly youtube.

Biggie and Tupac by Nick Broomfield is well worth a watch

Pilger is an amazingly good documentary maker. They’re all excellent.

I’d recommend somebody like Flano to have a look at the footage of the US air force massacreing civilians that’s shown at the start and more extensively in part 6. It’s all a big video game to these guys. Flano would probably knock one out watching it though. :rolleyes:

Current TV and The Community Channel on the Sky show his docs quite regularly. They’re all great, the one’s I’ve seen. The one on Aileen Wuornos, or whatever her name was, is brilliant.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 319997”]
Current TV and The Community Channel on the Sky show his docs quite regularly. They’re all great, the one’s I’ve seen. The one on Aileen Wuornos, or whatever her name was, is brilliant.[/quote]

haven’t seen it but heard it is excellent alright…

Brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M5YE_a4B1U

Dunph this may interest you.

Good series called Swords starting in the coming days on Discovery. A bit like Deadliest Catch but these guys fish swordfish. Should be worth a watch.

I may well check it out, the Discovery channel put on some excellent documentaries, especially any concerning fishing/sea…

did anyone else watch hugh’s fish fight the last couple of nights?