Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

Working my way through this. Opened earlier in the year and fairly sure it won’t be long before it’s gone dud.

2 Likes

Drink it quick before it oxidizes, if it hasn’t already.

1 Like

It’ll be gone by New Years

incorrect mate, the fact there are many bourbons produced outside of kentucky should have been a tip off.
the only geographical protection is that it must be distilled in the USA, any one of the 50 states. it must almost be produced from a mash that is minimum 50% corn and aged in oak barrels.

Yawn

I have seen a conflicting argument not to store whiskey on its side. While it’s recommended for wine to keep the cork moist and maintain a secure seal, apparently the high alcohol level in spirits can extract undesirable flavors from the cork. No idea whether that’s true, but have never seen whiskey stored on its side.

Why the fuck are you boiling a bottle of whiskey on an electric hob?

You imbecile.

6 Likes

How else would you make hot whiskeys?

1 Like

“MacRoaster tries to make hot whiskeys and ends up in the burn department with glass fragments embedded in his face”

4 Likes

And he gets carried to the burn department in the big red tractor that Santa brought

1 Like

did any of ye hit the wife/girlfriend a few slaps last night after coming in after a feed of liquor?

Are you sober.

as a Judge

Brandy is the only job,too many pontificating fellas here give me a bottle of Remy Martin any day of the week.I will set up a Brandy thread next year for the proper drinkers.

Armagnac of course

That Writers Tears taco must be daycent.

I handed a good few to customers for Xmas.

I presumed @Nembo_Kid was taking the piss but he seems to persisting with this nonsense. What a tool of a man.

Happy Christmas brah

:rofl:

Same to you too buddy. Hope your ladies are enjoying it

1 Like