Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

Collecting it or drinking it?

Drinking.

Collecting is for panini stickers.

2 Likes

Anyone have a membership to the Midleton Barrel Club? €500 for the year and you get a mystery bottle (usually an exclusive apparently) every four quarters, plus two miniatures each quarter with a big bottle, plus a welcome bottle and also the top tour package at either Midleton or Bow Street. I see they brought out a Redbreast Christmas Cake bottle for members as the winter bottle but to me looked very gimmicky and poor. Some of the bottles since it started have been tame enough.

@BruidheanChaorthainn if that was a horse, would you bet on it?

@TheUlteriorMotive is I think, or someone else on here. The bottles aren’t full size either. But they’ve done a good job of getting a fair few sheep on board

Not me. I’ve a cask in Ferncullen with a couple of other lads. It’s more for entertainment than investment.

1 Like

Maybe twas @Fagan_ODowd then, or maybe he was taking the piss out of someone who had bought it

If it’s not single farm origin malt whiskey then @Fagan_ODowd doesn’t want to know.

I bought a bottle of Jameson 15 year old single pot still which wasn’t full size (it was 500ml)

The Redbreast miniature set is a nice little collection of tipples.

Do they have the miniatures in Dunne’s this year

I’m gonna have a look later. Not up online anyway

1 Like

I’ve a bottle of that teeling 2016 release that won an international award. It’s 2k if anyone wants it…plus postage

2 Likes

Ive just seen the jemmy sets

1 Like

Got them in O’Briens in Ardkeen.

I have the Waterford Cuvée Pilgrimage. €1200 at Auction it is now. It’ll be an heirloom

1 Like

You owe it to yourself to drink every last drop. Video yourself doing so. Leave instructions for video to be played at reading of your will.

Imagine the consolation it will give to your loved ones. “Thank God he drank that 10k bottle of whiskey instead of leaving it to me. I really hope he enjoyed it”

3 Likes

I sold mine and bought Bushmills 30 with the profits. Might open it when I finally get my house sorted

3 Likes

Fella at work is a member I think. They run tasting events too. He was down in Shelbourne hotel in Cork last weekend and had 8 different samples from bottles of whiskey with a combined values of 15k or so he claimed.

1 Like

Are you sure the bottles aren’t full size? Would they be 500 or 750 instead of a litre or what?

“Quarterly Shipment – Every three months a new box of whiskeys will arrive at your door for you to discover. Each box with a unique theme contains a 700ml* bottle along with three 50ml samples. Get ready to enhance your Irish whiskey knowledge.”

I didn’t investigate the *.