Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

Is this a good bottle of whiskey? The in laws have gotten it as a present and have just given it to us

Yes.

As a rule of thumb, if it comes in a cardboard tube it’s daycent.

1 Like

Disgusting

1 Like

I’m after wandering into one of @Malarkey’s haunts here

1 Like

Sometimes I think there’s a lad up in Scotland with a whisky still and a heap of labels.

That’s how the drinks industry works.

2 Likes

Where’s that? O’Connell’s? Garavan’s?

A small bit off. Museo del Whiskey, San Sebastian.

1 Like

How’s San Sebastian bud?
Supposed to be lovely.

Dunno if we’re a bit early in the season for fine weather, it’s like 15° or so most of the day so grand for walking/cycling about the place. It’s worth a visit alright, food is top-notch, the Basques are very friendly, very pro-oirish, proud of their history and their green corner of Spain. I think I’ll be back.

Apparently it’s good luck to take home a branch from the Tree of Gernika.

That sounds sacrilegious.

Ah go on

Could not be in a better place. The Basques are the gourmands of the world.

2 Likes

I must say I’m genuinely appreciative for this forum turning me int he direction of whiskey.
Its changed my life in ways I’d never have thought were possible
I’ve h half a bottle of crested Jameson drank tonight . Id drink half a bottle a week most weeks, casually. It’s a great way to relax, it’s also a great way to look on at utter fucking louts downing lager and stout with rheir big fucking guts hanging out over there their trousers. Disgusting bastards.

5 Likes

I’d normally stay a million miles away from bourbons but this is actually a lovely whiskey.

That’s a surprisingly excellent whiskey. Jim beam Rye has a lot going for it also
It’s easy to get precious and snobby about supermarket fare, however attaining the correct philosophical bent is really what matters.
41.99 is pushing it though. I can help

1 Like

That can be got for 20 quid in London. Very dear here for some reason.