Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

You’ll pull fuck all drinking some bland dutch crap. Twould be like riding a Honda 500 " superbike
Anyhow, it’s burble burble

You’re getting worse than your pal @Julio_Geordio for his misuse of off a few posts above…

Not really, maybe it was just shit wine? I’ve had stuff for 4 Euro that tasted unreal and other stuff for 30 notes that was like vinegar and visa versa … I like new world wines myself. Marlborough for White and Chile for red… Tho im fond of Spanish wine also. I’ll stop rambling now, but it’s all subjective, kid

Rioja bud.

2 Likes

Or worse to actually tell him it’s a €25 bottle of wine

An Islay single malt tastes like eating a sod of turf

1 Like

That’s the marketing genius of it.

Did any of youse ever drink this stuff?

I bought a bottle of Laphroaig in Edinburgh airport about 5 years ago. I took one sip and spat it out and I haven’t touched it since. It was just like drinking a sod of turf.

1 Like

Can you imagine the type of nouveau riche blithering idiot you’d get in Kilkenny bumming on about a 25 euro bottle of wine.

2 Likes

Pass it on. I like Laphroaig with a couple of ice cubes. An acquired taste admittedly.

2 Likes

Post up your address there and I’ll send it down to you.

Small Fella,
The Square
Askeaton
Co Limerick

2 Likes

Irish whiskey is piss, Scotland is the home of the real stuff, at least you have Bushmells in Ireland, made by Scottish orangemen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjVzGYZLhvo

Tesco flogging a lot of their cheaper brand spirits at the minute - with €10-15 off selective brands - You can get Glenmorangie 10 year old 70cl for 39.99 -

The Irish invented whiskey, mate.

No

Informative

1 Like

Tullamore D.E.W. “Phoenix” Irish Whiskey

Inspired by the Irish town of Tullamore’s rebirth in the 18th Century — and subsequent founding of the distillery — this is an Irish whiskey you should do your damnedest to find. (Oddly, it’s only available in airport shops.) Next time you seek out whiskey from the Emerald Isle, forgo famous staples like Jameson and sling back some fine sips of Tullamore D.E.W. By blending golden grain, malt, and pure pot still whiskey, then letting it rest in sherry casks, a whiff of Phoenix hits you like freshly picked autumn apple dipped in caramel to match (minus that annoying stickiness).

1 Like