Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

It is.

I only had it a couple of times, and I’m not sure what end of the spectrum it was. I suspect it wasn’t the top end anyhow. I don’t recall it having sediment. I’ll bear that in mind though if I ever get the chance to try a good one though, thanks.

I’d be partial to it and I always used to have a couple of bottles around the house. It used to be great value but it’s pricey enough now.

I’d have been the same with Faustino 1.
Same old story sadly.

2 Likes

An ice cube?
Ice spheres is where I am going.

@Horsebox will need one of these as his microwave won’t fit a bottle

I likes a nice rioja meself, so I does.

It used to be one of the few wines left where you could get a bit of value.

Well I does holiday in the south of Spain regularly - you can still get value there. Spanish wine in general is very palatable … I’m partial to an auld glass of Ribera with me dinner so I am.

I forgot you were landed gentry these days mouse. I’d love to get a few rioja tips from a non vested preferably local interest.

You’re wasting your time with the tips, pal. It’s all in the grapes … I might bring you back a present the next time I visit the estate.

1 Like

Thanks bud. It’s the thought that counts.

@anon61878697 and his tips about pips

More like Ribena

1 Like

fuck off to another thread please

Which is better. The Caskmates IPA or the Caskmates stout? I have the stout at the moment

A bottle of teeling single grain can be got for €42 on l mulligans website, delivered to your door. It’s smashing stuff

1 Like

How can you appreciate teeling while falling for that caskmates ruse?

Stout. The IPA isnt great

the stout is marginally creamier i think and thats my preference, a lovely mouth feel.

1 Like