Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

Clonakilty is different, no? And less advanced than West Cork?

That’s very interesting, thanks.

Bought a bottle of the John’s Lane about a month ago and nearly have it finished already. It’s mighty stuff

Tis indeed. Make sure, though, to get a bottle of Signature at some point. Equally mighty stuff.

I’ve a free pass to Midleton Distillery yet to use … what’s the best Midleton have to offer - and value for money.

How much is the Signature going for?

I think they are less further advanced. They went down the gin route. Doing some marketing in the States at the moment.

Craft volumes are tiny really.

The words Midleton and value don’t belong together imo.

1 Like

Why’s that, mate? - over inflated sense of its own importance — Pure Cork like?

1 Like

Must be like looking in a mirror for him

1 Like

€50-55. Tremendous value.

Maybe Signature… Redbreast 12 Cask Strength is a favourite of mine. Or you could go for a Distillery Reserve, which is only sold there.

1 Like

When the big boys reacted by introducing ‘craft’ brands you knew they’d taken notice of it, but also that it was the end of anyone really competing with them. The only chance any of the rest of them have is being bought out. If not it’ll be nothing more than a hobby masquerading as a business.

1 Like

Would be interested to hear what craft breweries people rate. I find most consistently good Blacks of Kinsale, Kinnegar, White Gypsy and Yellowbelly. Great recent addition is Whiplash.

Treaty City is top notch - their pale ale and IPA are lovely. O’Briens in Douglas sell it but i’d phone ahead - they sell out regularly.

I’d add Rascals and 9 White Deer to that list. I’d remove White Gypsy from it as yer man that runs it is 2 ends of a cunt

1 Like

JJ’s Balbec Brew is excellent!

White Gypsy has been a firm favourite amongst Mac & I (the guys who were drinking craft beer before it become trendy). If you are ever passing through Borrisoleigh it’s well worth dropping into Finns for a pint. Lovely old world pub and has 5 or 6 taps of the various White Gypsy Brews (he’s a brother of the brewer).

2 Likes

:grinning:

I better edit my post