Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

Don’t know Treaty City at all. Must check it out.

Metal man have done very well to hang in there.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Very useful piece of information. I like imperial stouts. Hence the White Gypsy gravitation.

Glad I asked the question now…

9 White Deer I know – and have liked.

1 Like

I’ve had JJ’s. Think it was in Aldi or Lidl last year. Pretty nice.

1 Like

:joy:

Ah the beer is decent. He’s just a cunt

Well, so long as the White Gypsy beer is not bitter, so to speak…

1 Like

Would they be pitching at own brand market for Aldi or Lidl or the likes ? Probably a decent if non spectacular return available down this route

I know fuck all about it but was in Dick Macs a few weeks back and tried their own coffee stout on draught. Really good IMO albeit you wouldnt drink much of it

Don’t drink coffee (or even like the smell of it). So an overtly coffee-flavoured stout is not my bag…

I’ve always thought Murphy’s has a strong coffee taste

1 Like

Cooley used to have own brand supermarket Irish whiskey sown up. Perhaps Teeling are now catering to this market. Or maybe Beam, when Cooley was bought, inherited those supermarket contracts. Not a clue, me, since I do not know enough about business.

But I do know the amount of new distilleries coming on stream could not possibly be supported by this section of the market.

A pint I have rarely drank and not for yonks. Bit watery for me…

This is some bargain. A 70cl bottle of Barry Crockett goes for 250 notes

4 Likes

Celtic Whiskey Auction will predominately feature Irish whiskey as well as other world whiskies, spirits, wine & accessories. Promising to bring plenty of rare, collectable and unusual bottling’s, the auction will be kickstarted with a full set of Midleton Very Rare Whiskeys — years 1984 to 2017 — with an expected hammer price of over €40,000 as well as a hugely sought-after Macallan 50 Year Old that often sells for more than €60,000.

_ _

The Celtic Whiskey Auction will offer FREE valuations on all bottles giving everyone the opportunity to sell those dusty whiskies and spirits that have been hiding in the back of cupboards for years, decades or even centuries!

_ _

Sellers will have the opportunity to submit bottles to both the Celtic Whiskey Shop in Dublin and our sister business, the Celtic Whiskey Bar & Larder in Killarney by Friday 2nd November. The auction thereafter will begin on November 12thfor two weeks and will close shortly after Ireland’s premier whiskey tasting event Whiskey Live Dublin on Monday 26th November at 8pm. The auction will be held in conjunction with Smith Kelly Scott Auctioneers — www.smithkellyscott.ie.

https://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/blog/Celtic-Whiskey-Auction

Jameson and ginger ale is a superb refreshing drink. Only way to go when out on the town

1 Like

Jameson caskmates stout edition only €25 in Tesco. Picked up a bottle today. It’s fantastic stuff. Lovely slight stout aftertaste from it really adds to to the flavour

3 Likes

brilliant sale there at the moment
crested is also at 25 for another 2 weeks
black barrell is 38,
jameson is 20,
black bush 25.

2 Likes

I see this Christmas being explosive in many TFK Households. A hape of lads, suddenly whiskey experts off the back of a few forum posts, tearing into hundred euro bottles of whiskey. There’ll be a few divorce notices served by the new year.

4 Likes

all lot of wives and girlfriends will get the shit beaten out of them by amateur whiskey experts

5 Likes