Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

Enjoy

1 Like

Well I was sold it for 20, and told not to ask where it came from, so I may be signing out if I go blind

1 Like

Enjoy. I’ll sip another beer or two before the Woodford reserve gets a visit.
Happy Christmas pal

1 Like

You too bud. Stay well.

Knob Creek is a lovely drop. The relatives leave tomorrow morning, and I haven’t said a word to break the peace. Onwards and upwards.

Regular Jameson tonight.

Snap

I’m enjoying a glass of Writer’s Tears here, delightful.

Fair play to @Malarkey and @HBV for the recommendation. And @Mac of course.

1 Like

It’s ridiculously good

1 Like

Just opened a bottle of black barrel…nice kick to it.

Just going into some writers tears here. She’s certainly a lovely pretty little thing.

Haig gives me savage heartburn, so it does…

No problem. Was given a bottle of Copper Pot myself for Christmas. Nice drop, as mentioned here before.

Fyp

I think the writers tears is a nice little delicaye thing , but a few lads here are maybe over stating it a bit. For 40euro I’d chose black barell or crested or black bush over it.
For just another 10er you’d get a bottle of green spot or a teelings single malt, which are both much superior better balanced whiskeys.

1 Like

Your evolution as a whiskey connoisseur in the past months is impressive.

1 Like

I’m drinking a bottle every 10 days. Iv a bottle and a half drank the past week alone. All good stuff.
I’m qualified now to know a good one from a bad one. Iv my apprenticeship done.

1 Like

Each to his own, of course, but a lot of sense talked there. Had a fair few (pub) glasses of Crested over the break. Hard to beat it for quality-price interaction. Ditto for Black Bush and Powers.

The Powers Signature, at €55, is another belter on this each way front. Treated myself to a bottle – and glad I did.

Yet to taste Black Barrell, funny enough.

Don’t wait much longer Malarkey. You’re denying yourself a treat.

Yes, my interest has been raised…