Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

Me also. Room for a wee bulleit bourbon first

1 Like

Looking to give a relative a bottle of whiskey for Christmas. What would ye recommend… I’ll consider anything under 80 euro

Well under budget here kid

1 Like

How many more times has it to be said… Green Spot.

4 Likes

Picked up a bottle of green spot and the teelings single malt there today. Both 50-60 euro range

1 Like

You won’t go wrong with either of those bottles.

Happy christmas mate.

What chocolatemice said.

And signing in with a straight Jamison. Some frigging day. Guts of 600 miles, and that was the easy part. But duty done to aged relatives. xmas starts!

Editing: 600? doubled twice. badly shook 300 :grin:

1 Like

Skipped pints and stayed in tonight as I’m smothered. Few hot whiskies might help as I’m wrapping the presents here.

And the same to you Mousheen.

Had a visitor in there a while ago with a bottle of black bush. Would never have bought it myself.
There’s very little if nothing at all wrong with this gentle little creamy biscuity milky protestant whiskey.

4 Likes

It’s a total mystery to me how they have managed to have this feather in their cap. In North County Antrim of all places.

This is the last time I’m going to say this.

Greenspot.

Ha

Well before I became a whiskey drinker it was a little tradition of mine to add a drop if whiskey to my porridge on Christmas morning. Today it was caskmates stout.

Had a big dinner then today with a lot of wine and capped it off with a drop of teelings single malt before dozing off for 40 winks. It’s a lovely drop that needs further investigation.
I’ll venture back into the redbreast12 that I opened last night when iv gathered myself.

3 Likes

I made the ballsy choice to go with the Kilbeggan. It’s glorious stuff. Last night and tonight. It seems to have less notions than Midleton, at half the price.

1 Like

I got that bottle for £20 there today. Might try a tiny bit tomorrow, but in truth I wouldn’t know good whisky from bad.

Which bottle?