Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

Yellow Spot was 79.99 in my local off licence on Christmas Eve.

Your strategy of laying it down for decades appears a good one, price of 1985 Middleton very rare is 1,100, 1996 is 450.

1 Like

Yeah, I have a few bottles of vintage port aging away under the stairs as well.

2 Likes

I have one of those (near empty) and I’m always amazed when gimps are afraid to drink them. They wait for years for that ‘occasion’ which never arrives. Drink the fucking thing!!!

6 Likes

€55 in O’Briens off licence bricks and mortar. Put a right dent in it Stephens night.

2 Likes

Where’s that?

There’s a chain of them in Dublin anyway. Bought mine in the Blanchardstown centre one. Not sure if they’re nationwide.

Edit: One in Limerick. Unit 8 Parkway Shopping Centre.

Thanks I’m on my way.

Green Spot for 55 or Teeling single malt for 65?

Lads I need a fucking decision here.

Buy both

1 Like

Green spot

No, I have to choose. Buying both would be gluttony and I’m a humble sort.

Yellow spot for 70
Reduced from 80 in o’briens

1 Like

The waiter in the Malton in killarney recommend Teelings single malt this evening at dinner. I had it in lieu of a starter. It was only alright. I’m sorry I didn’t go for one of the special Jameson’s on display.

Ps. I enjoyed a Bombay sapphire gin after dinner. I was well impressed. I’ll be having more next week.

2 Likes

Did you eat in the main dining room in the Malton? Ate there recently enough. Thought food was outstanding

Yeah it’s a cut above most other places. I had fillet of Atlantic cod, deep fried in breadcrumb with cracked black peppercorns and salt. … i.e. a fish finger. T’was grand in fairness.

2 Likes

Did you choose Killarney for your post Christmas retreat instead of Cork City in the end, mate?

It’s time you copped in to decent drink.