Donegal GAA Thread

@croppy_boy

Another ACL for Gillespie, the guy can’t catch a break.

They should never play another league game in Letterkenny, haven’t won there in around ten years.

Killybegs old gaa field.

5 Likes

‘Potential contact with a person showing symptoms’

Fucking hell.

1 Like

Watched a bit of their game last night . Michael Murphy still has a decent kick of pace

Who was the fella he dedicated the award to, what’s the story there?

Was surprised to see him skin a fella alright before kicking a point

He seems to really have zero ego 
makes for a great leader.

1 Like

You’d see him around Letterkenny a lot between running his shop. Comes across as a thoroughly decent guy. His 'oul lad is a Garda originally from Mayo.

If you think he physicality shines at inter county you should see him play club. Normally he’s just toying with the three lads that are trying to stop him getting a shot off.

Good performance form Donegal to on Saturday. Normally when stupid little errors keep happening they put the heads down but there seemed to be a better resilience in Omagh. The attitude of the younger lads like Thompson, Brennan (x2) and Langan is brilliant. Nice deep squad. As they said on League Sunday last night they seem to have all the tools to challenge but you could have said the same for the last three years as well.

1 Like

Donegal are more settled than Tyrone at present. The short scope of the season and Tyrone having a new management team will probably make Donegal slight favourites if they meet in Ulster.

Donegal will probably have McMenamin, Ban Gallagher and MacNiallais who could come in from Saturday. Their squad is settled though, you could probably name 11/12 of their starting XV and where they will play for the game against Tyrone.

Tyrone are very much an unknown at the minute, still trying to figure out their best XV and where to play players. Harte, Donnelly and McKenna all looked very lost on Saturday. I think Donnelly is going to end up at midfield this year, McKenna out around the 45 when McShane gets back and Petey Harte could well be on the bench if he doesn’t start delivering more.

In saying that, I think Tyrone would have won only for that farcical second yellow to O’Neill.

I think I’d be right in saying we played the mighty dubs once during Rochford’s tenure and there was a point between us in the league encounter.
As much as I predict that they won’t risk anyone who are carrying knocks or niggles due to the game not deciding anything, something tells me Rochford won’t waste this opportunity to try a few things out with an eye on later in the summer with a potential duel with our urban foes.

Good few starters missing there through injury or left on the bench.

You would expect Murphy, Ban Gallagher, Hugh McFadden, Jamie Brennan, Niall O’Donnell, Peader Mogan and McFadden Ferry would be likely to start if fit and available.

Aye. Doubt it’ll be the starting 15, knowing Bonner.
I’d say we’ll see big hughie, Niall O Donnell and Peader Mogan from the throw in. Strange that EBG isn’t named on the bench. He’s back to his old self in the last few games anyway.

McFadden Ferry could make a big difference to that defence as he’s a hardy and nasty little bastard who will his defensive duties. Few of those Donegal lads seem to neglect those defensive duties.

I’m a big fan of Ban Gallagher but not sure if he’s a corner back.

Yeah, that kid is vicious. We needed grit and by God, we got it in him.
Yeah, Ban’s dispossesions are getting better but corner back he ain’t.

1 Like

No doubt we’ll see a few swaps between by throw-in.

2 Likes