Donegal GAA Thread

Would not really rate McCole from what I have seen of him.

Is it just Gallen and MacNiallais missing from the 26 or am I forgetting someone else?

I was not a fan of McCole either but I think he really grew into the role as the league progressed. He was superb in the final game. Captained DCU to a Sigerson cup last year.

Daire O Baoill and Tony McClenaghan missing also from those who played a part in the league.

1 Like

Must be about 3 years since MacNiallis has committed to the county team is it? Real pity because he was a fine player for Donegal.

He’s played all through this year’s league. He just misses today’s game with a hamstring issue.

1 Like

Could be.

He lost a friend in that terrible car crash in Gweedore and it has exacted a heavy toll on him.

One of the best passers of the ball in the game when he’s on song.

Don’t think there’s anyone else that would play a pivotal role.

I think the squad depth is better now than it was in 2012.

Was watching the Kerry, Cork and Mayo games from 2012 this week.
My, has the game changed. McBrearty kicking massive amounts of wides. Mark McHugh was sensational, as was Neil Gallagher’s high fielding, Lacey’s ball carrying and McFadden’s scoring. We also tackled hard.
We do have a better bench now. Toye was literally the only real weapon of worth we had back then. What a guy!

Who will Donegal put on Mooney today? Mooney is one of the best players in the country and would walk onto any team.

Down are very much under the radar and are missing a lot of players like the Johnson’s, O 'Hanlon, Harrison and O’Hare but they do have a team with lots of pace and Donegal are going to need to shut down that central channel.

Odhran McFadden Ferry

I think next year Donegal need this guy to ‘coach the tackle’.

1 Like

I’ve heard he’s top notch. If it’s the same guy I’m thinking of he’s had unreal success with some minor/U20 sides.

1 Like

Photo Summary characterising the competency of our intercounty senior manager.

Is the sub straining the spuds in the first screenshot?

That or saying a quick prayer that Eoin McHugh packs in the intercounty career mid-match.

Surprising development.

That could set Donegal back 10 years.

Why the negativity towards Bonner?

Hardly his fault Michael Murphy lost the head this year.

Going two years without an Ulster title hardly warrants an extension though. They’ve been poor enough outside the province too under him. The draw with Kerry in 2019 probably the high point.

Should have been run after the cavan result