Donegal GAA Thread

If you have five decent shooters ye should be better set than plenty of counties

1 Like

Iā€™d imagine theyā€™re hoping for a win today and get to the quarters so they can sweep it away.

Our lofty ambitions torture us.

Thereā€™s a real danger of this happening. My faith in the continuing oversight from Ulster and HQ doesnā€™t fill me with hope. The only hope is that club members have the courage to direct their delgates to instigate change. Iā€™m surprised the board havnā€™t offered at least one sacrifical lamb to the angry mob. The level of arrogance is nearly admirable. Donegal need a good Ultras group.

Moving nicely here. Gallen after copping in to himself, bit more mature.

Any word on a backroom team yet?

Other than Lacey, no.

The clubs are being informed of the decision tomorrow night.

Exciting times. Itā€™ll be interesting to see if he gets Adam Speer back on board and how many retirees/opt outs he can recruit.

Will clubs be happy with 7% Jim

Iā€™ve a Donegal jersey ordered.

This will be amazing.

1 Like

Joeā€™s column on the Messiahā€™s return should be fun

It irks me a lot that Donegal didnā€™t win the final.

Still, nobody actually remembers that final. They remember the semi-final alright. Dublin 2014 were at the apex of their freewheeling potency. It remains, and will always remain, one of the great ambushes - the greatest ambush.

It was like France beating New Zealand in 1999. Again, nobody remembers the final.

1 Like

France v New Zealand 07 too

Dublin played probably their best 25 minutes of football ever in the first half of that game.

Connolly, Flynn and even Philly McMahon kicked some unreal points.

1 Like

Iā€™d say the best 25 minutes of football ever was Kerry v Dublin in 2013.

There was a real swagger to that Kerry performance that we havenā€™t seen since really.

Jim lulled them I tons false sense of security. Sadly Dublin used a few missed point attempts as a reason to destroy the game of football over the next decade

Wexford v Kilkenny 2004.

1 Like

Kilkenny creamed by jacobs crackers was an iconic headline

1 Like

Fermanagh v Armagh 2004.
Down v Kerry 2010.

Sadly teams are so professional and prepared now, that you rarely see these mad, mad upsets where one team totally underestimates the other.