Donegal GAA Thread

I reckon it’s going to be a Gary Lineker esque situation where no one will take over in solidarity with Lacey. They could be relegated with a walkover.

1 Like

I heard the writing was on the wall from first training session

McGuinesses spin on the examiner pod the final knife in the back

St Eunan’s and Four Masters pushing it apparently.

Kavanagh & Lacey’s clubs :smirk:

Current Co Chairman is St Eunan’s too.

Four Masters and Milford according to O’Kane.

Milford lad is over the Donegal minor team too.

Eunan’s were supposed to be pushing hard too.

Ryan McHugh after opting out of the panel for championship.

McAnespies in Boston were reaching out to the panel to offer their summer counselling programme

1 Like

Thryve wasted the last 5/6 years at least.

The All Ireland win was the anomaly.

In fairness, they were more or less playing to their optimum until the Cavan Ulster Final defeat which they never recovered from.

Yeah. The Super 8 format fucked them over twice. As you say the loss to Cavan just seemed to take every last bit possible out of them.

Bonner’s style was play was shocking and relatively easy to defend against, still a million miles better than the shite Rory Gallagher had them at though.

Yes having Mayo away in 2019 was cruel enough after drawing with Kerry.

2018 they were a relatively young side so were never going to beat Dublin but did underperform vs Tyrone.

They stuttered against Dublin at the end from what I remember. Sat and defended with a five point gap and let Dublin pass it around among themselves at the back. Should have taken a chance.

Can’t see past a Monaghan win today. Our long range point takers are sorely missed from the squad, relying on getting the ball to Thompson, Brennan, Gallen, Paddy or Conor to take on a shot won’t win us a match against anyone half decent. It makes us too easy to nullify. Hoping the new management has the courage to stop starting Hughie, Brennan or anyone else who’ve been off the boil since forever or can’t reach the levels of fitness needed for intercounty football when they’re instated. Any word on the next move from the county board in response to the croke park report?