Dreams by Choco

When my business was going down the swany a few years back and money was fierce tight I would have a recurring dream of my teeth rotting in my head and falling out. It was a disgusting dream, I could actually feel the texture of the rotting stubs of my teeth.

The relief when I’d wake up… phew.

One more than occasion I have dreamt about dreaming. Then I’d wake up and realise that what I had dreamt about wasn’t actually a dream. Then I’d wake up for real and realise that the whole thing had been a dream all along.

I had a seriously fucked up dream last night. I was being chased all around Clonlara by a British Sniper who was trying to kill me.

Now you know how that Jehovahs Witness felt

I’ve just genuinely dreamt the following (at least 85% of it anyway).

I am a journalist covering a match in Nowlan Park between Kilkenny and an unidentified opponent, possibly Tipperary, for an unnamed newspaper, not national, possibly a Carlow paper.

Garda Commissioner Martin Callinan is prowling the sideline at half-time in full uniform, laughing gormlessly with three members of the Kilkenny County Board he seems to know. Then Brian Cody emerges from a tunnel under the stand with a Freddy Krueger-like demeanour, walks over to Callinan and the two begin a friendly chat. I can see the veins bulging on Cody’s face as he grins maniacally. Then Cody walks back into the dressing room, presumably to break a few tables.

Callinan is then approached by a photographer for a photo oppurtunity. A Kilkenny “cat” mascot in a ridiculous head to toe furry costume approaches, and both Callinan and the mascot are given hurleys. They pose as if they are about to “pull” cross each other at a hop ball, Callinan has a massive, gormless, Chief O’Hara-type grin all over his face as he poses.

Although I feel the energy draining from my body watching this, I suddenly think of a caption for the photograph, and I send it on to the office. The caption reads: “That’s another fine stroke he’s pulled!” Three major national newspaper run the photograph and my caption (for which I receive no money) on their front cover the next morning and it becomes a major media controversy, with Callinan calling it “disgusting” and Paul Williams vilifying me for trying to drag the name of the Garda Siochana “through the mud” and trying to discredit the good name of “a fine man”, “a man who has more quality and integrity in his little toe than the scrote who wrote that caption has in his whole body.” I also receive two threatening phone calls telling me “you’re finished”. The next morning, I am informed by my boss that I have offended some very important people, and am sacked.

I had a dream last night about the house of a local man, who I wouldn’t really know well. The wall in front of his house had been knocked revealing a huge, beautifully landscaped garden. I woke up this morning to find out that the same man had died during the night. Weird.

:eek:

Wow

I still regularly have similar dreams about the leaving cert. maths in particular. That I have had to resit as an adult (of sorts), and have done no study and have no clue. I am always glad when I realise it is a dream. I think it is an underlying fear of being found out as someone who does not deserve their position in life type thing.

Murderer

[FONT=Arial]I must be some kind of Prophet. [/FONT]

You’re some cunt for stealing @Sidney 's thunder.

I had the worst nightmare i’ve ever had last night… and no, it wasn’t combat related as i am a trained killer… I dreamt Utd beat Liverpool 7-2 and went on the snatch 4th ahead of Liverpool. Fuck me it was horrific.

Bumped for @Bandage

Thanks, @ChocolateMice.

Dream 1: This was about a week ago. I was driving to Cork from Dublin (I can’t drive) and decided to stop off to visit my aunt and uncle in north Cork en route. I haven’t been in their house in about 15 years. I knocked in unannounced and they gave me a great welcome. I was standing in the kitchen chatting to them and my aunt put on the kettle and was getting biscuits, apple tart and the rest ready. Anyway, she suggested we go into the sitting room to continue our chat and we headed in. There was a man sitting in one of the armchairs already. My aunt said, “Brian, this is our new neighbour - Alastair from Scotland - he just called in before you.” It was Ally McCoist. Then I woke up.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1096674, member: 9”]Thanks, @ChocolateMice.

Dream 1: This was about a week ago. I was driving to Cork from Dublin (I can’t drive) and decided to stop off to visit my aunt and uncle in north Cork en route. I haven’t been in their house in about 15 years. I knocked in unannounced and they gave me a great welcome. I was standing in the kitchen chatting to them and my aunt put on the kettle and was getting biscuits, apple tart and the rest ready. Anyway, she suggested we go into the sitting room to continue our chat and we headed in. There was a man sitting in one of the armchairs already. My aunt said, “Brian, this is our new neighbour - Alastair from Scotland - he just called in before you.” It was Ally McCoist. Then I woke up.

:eek:[/QUOTE]

Lot’s going on there… Driving is usually about direction in your life, the fact you were driving means you are taking charge of your path or destiny- However, the past is holding you back- Food is a big fuck off siren here- you must not slip into old habits if you are to continue on the right path. Your aunt or that side of the family obviously hold some emotional baggage over you in this regard and if you don’t cut them out of your life you are going to end up a hun bastard like Ally Mcoist.

Seriously, @Bandage - I think it signifies the new secure you now that you are in love.

What was dream two?

Brian!

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1096710, member: 168”]Seriously, @Bandage - I think it signifies the new secure you now that you are in love.

What was dream two?[/QUOTE]

I never used to remember my dreams but I may have mentioned that I underwent hip surgery last year and, depending on which way I’m twisting and turning in my sleep, I can wake up very abruptly several times during the night since then. I think this change in sleeping pattern is helping me to remember dreams.

Dream 2: This was last night. I was in somebody’s house, don’t know who, and we were all sitting on hard-back chairs in a semi-circle watching rugby football on the TV. I haven’t seen a rugby football game since 2012 so this was odd. There was a load of us in the room but I couldn’t distinguish between who was who exactly. Scotland were playing somebody and Luke Fitzgerald made a “line break” for them and ran in a try under the posts. I was aghast and started shouting that it was ridiculous that he could just switch allegiance and start playing with Scotland and that rugby football was an absolute joke. Then I woke up.

I regularly have a dream of some cunt insulting me and trying to intimidate me resulting in me fighting him, yet I have a Peyton Manning arm and I may as well be slapping him with a sponge. Terribly frustrating.