Drink Driving

The only thing that will speed up is heart failure

2 Likes

Drink driving checkpoint on the M50 last night up near the Finglas exit. In fairness you’d think you’d be safe enough drink driving on the motorway.

4 Likes

I’m shocked. Were there lads out stopping? I always regarded a motorway as a safe haven.

I drove up the M7 to a Soundgarden gig smoking big fat bifter joints a few years back.

1 Like

I’ve never seen a guard on the M7 the Limerick side of the curragh

Smart move. Once a year be enough to do it keep fellas on their toes

From the pictures on the news it looked a serious operation. I’d say every traffic cop in Dublin was involved.

Better up there than parked outside rural pubs.

1 Like

Be careful if drinking a few pints in Limerick tonight lads and thinking of driving home, the guards are on the streets stopping every car. I had a close shave myself at midnight. I’d three slow pints between 9.30-11.45 and sat in to start the drive home. There were three guards stopping every car on Roche’s street, which is one way as Limerick posters will attest to. As I approached the man in uniform with his arm in the air I knew I had no other option but to keep going and roll down the window, as any other action would have gave the game away. He checked tax and insurance and asked me a few questions. I’m convinced that the only reason he didn’t bag me was I’d the girlfriend in the passenger seat. I was blessed fortunate as I was a certain fail there.

11 Likes

I was in the pub last Monday afternoon and the publican, who normally drops all the oul bucks/regulars home; was horrified at having been bagged. The few lads sitting around had also been bagged for the first time ever over the course of the weekend. This will be some fucking pain in the hole.

More then likely they were only checking for tax and insurance pal.

Worst streets in Limerick for the bag are coming upto towards CBS before the turnoff onto Mulgrave/Sexton street or alongside the bus stop at Arthurs quay park.

What’s the story? Are they going to increase ‘legitimate’ breathalyser tests they conduct now?

I got a fright so I did. Only after forking out a fair few quid on a new motor and could have been off the road straight away. What would I have received for the three pints I drank I wonder? Would it be a small ban?

[quote=“Smark, post:529, topic:10092, full:true”]
Be careful if drinking a few pints in Limerick tonight lads and thinking of driving home, the guards are on the streets stopping every car .[/quote]

You need to know your enemy here @Smark. Urban shitholes like Limerick are merciless - devoid of compassion, understanding or the social requirements precluding to a ride…

In our neck of the woods it’s mainly just oul’ lads having a skiffle of pints, a few 25’s followed by arguments outside. For whatever reason ** these pass off without rancour or intrtference.

** The fact that 3 locals are serving Gardái and mobile phone technology has improved assuages the worry.

2 Likes

Evidently they were faking tests everywhere rather than annoying the 2/3 pint brigade. I left the car at home this eve anyway.

1 Like

The biggest risk you run driving home after a few is that someone else gives you a tip and the guards come on it they will bag both as a matter of routine.

:joy:

yeah, the biggest risk alright

I got bagged about ten years ago after three pints and passed it, I thought I was fucked and was preparing to be handcuffed as we awaited the light to go whatever colour it goes, the sweat pouring down my back, my name in the local paper then he he told me I passed, "I felt like roaring out “i mugged you off Garda” but didn’t

7 Likes

They’re introducing new preliminary drug testing next week in the lead up to easter. They can now test your saliva as opposed to getting you to stand on one leg, touch your nose and do the hokey pokey

1 Like