Drink Driving

:smile:

It’s allright for these lads getting all outraged what with them surrounded with public transport and cycle lanes.

Handiest nice post you’ll ever see.

1 Like

There’s no difference in the eyes of the law between @HBV last night and an aulfella leaving the Healy Raes pub with three pints on board…possibly even two and crawling home some boreen.

Would anyone have an issue if he had said I had two pints (over the limit) and snuck home?

Probably not. But if he’s two pints? hits someone, they die, he’s doing jail, no stopping, no collecting $200, it’s jail.

If Shane Ross has his way it’s no drink. If someone can’t drive after two shandy’s they shouldn’t be driving.

all the usual screaming mary’s getting outraged and making up stories :joy:

1 Like

No condemnation of drink driving again here. Is it only former rugby players you have an issue with sitting into their car after a few drinks?

Drink driving is a mug’s game but it’s the day after that’s the tricky one.

Was at a stag in Dublin last month and gave a fair day and night drinking pints. Guts of 12 hours on it I suppose.

Was mad to hit the road for Limerick the next morning (had the promise of a roast dinner and a ride if I was home early enough) but held off until about 1.30. Even at that, I could have been over the limit going by some of the posts above

1 Like

The slightest push of the bat and it races to the boundary.

1 Like

Whataboutery alert.

So in summary

@HBV - stirring another man’s porrridge and lucky not to be doing porridge.

@backinatracksuit - pills, thrills and bellyaching

1 Like

And @dodgy_keeper is happy if young boys are killed as long as it gives him a chance to slag off rugby players. Of course other times young boys are killed by drunk drivers doesn’t bother him if they’re not rugby players.

What about if you live less than a mile from a pub with no houses between pub and your house on an ould boreen road and your using a tractor? Will ye be flagging the likes of this post?

5 Likes

If it’s that close then you could walk sure

Sure you’d have “less than a mile” walked in ten minutes

1 Like

What if twas lashing hailshtones and you had a septic ingrown toenail

4 Likes

The publican should drive you home

1 Like

Lads were our bagging good and early in Kilkenny this morning

Careful Mike, remember

1 Like

2 Likes

Is that the ad on tv, just saw it now before the match, harrowing stuff indeed, how a parent could see that and still drive drunk is beyond me :hushed: